sunderland in the EFL

Big River

I see they're still clinging to their comfy blanket for the taking over of Man Utd/Liverpool. Obviously conveniently ignoring recent news. Suck it up you broken people it's going to get a lot worse :lol:

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, Stal said:

I see they're doing their usual schtick of someone making a joke comment earlier in the thread and then a couple of pages later (or even just the next page) some some other twat with no attention span repeats the same joke. I mean, I get it if it's a super long thread and you just pick up the last few pages but this was early on.

Is it just me or does anyone else jump back a few pages if there's a thread on here that interests them just to get a feel for the conversation? I very rarely see someone repeating the same craic another poster has just come out with, on rtg it's pretty regular.

* The Diallo thread about Venn Diagrams and circles for 'fans' singing the song who also boo taking the knee

No , I only read in general the shite they preach about us , in fact it’s boring as fuck . I reiterate any of our lads on there please stop kissing the Mackem arse and fuck off from them . Only post if you want to call them all cunts

:lol:

I see that the latest theory from the knackers over there is that Saudi now want to "take over" the Premier League. There is absolutely zero evidence of that of course, but that's not going to stop their fantasies about the Saudis buying Man Utd and either ditching us or making us the "feeder club" of Man Utd.

20 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I quite like that, he seems a genuinely nice bloke [emoji38]

Yeah. Actually there's not many managers they've had that I hated. The stand out two being Bruce and Keane for the Manchester United and personality factors. O'Neill I've always found a complete tit of man and Howard Wilkinson a weirdo but most have been either no bother or likeable - McCarthy I think is a great bloke. Did anybody hate Peter Reid? and he was by far their most succesful manager of the last 40years. Mowbray is of the same ilk.

This is the sort of thing that can drive them a bit nuts. The idea that they don't mean enough to be hated, that at times we've wanted them to win (cos it suited is - like beating Man United in 96/97) or admitting Phillips was a good player. Its like telling someone that hates you they don't mean enough to you to feel the same way.

6 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/euro-2028-sol-bid.1595316/

Aye, they want Sunderland to host Euro 2028 games so much they’re going to pay for an extension to the Bungalow of Light. They call us deluded too man, fucking idiots. 

I suppose the obvious thing to do when you've had to close down part of your ground for years because it's too big is to make it even bigger.

Mackem logic.

Edited by Wallsendmag

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Aye, they want Sunderland to host Euro 2028 games so much they’re going to pay for an extension to the Bungalow of Light. They call us deluded too man, fucking idiots. 

That'd be quite the white elephant. Its hard enough now to make the place look reasonably full.

I remember at work the eve of the 05/06 season they were on about extending the stadium, was a piece in the back of the echo that night.

The next day for their big return to the big time before they had a record breaking bad season - 37,000.

Can see where Murray got his 'one more seat' fixation from.

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

They can't even get anywhere near filling it now (or since it was built - I'd be amazed if they have filled the ground more than 2 or 3% of their overall games there). Thick as fuck and that's being kind. 

Would be another decision made from a place of comparative insecurity that will not benefit the club except ultra super-ficially. So it'll be a go-er then.

10 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

They can't even get anywhere near filling it now (or since it was built - I'd be amazed if they have filled the ground more than 2 or 3% of their overall games there). Thick as fuck and that's being kind. 

Seen this on there in November. Cropped off the poster but it'll be findable.

Just as well. Such reality based frankness gets you banned now and a collectors item. He reckoned 5%

712607825_Screenshot2022-11-10at23-31-14NUFC_Sportswashing-Autumn2022.thumb.png.29126eeba55b6ccf604dda4d0a5e9df9.png

Edited by Wolfcastle

Do they have any threads on the World Cup over there?

Come on mackem mods that's promoting the most blatant 'sportswashing' there's ever been. Get everyone involved in it banned.

Unless its actually just about Newcastle that is.

Edited by Wolfcastle

12 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Should consider making an aquarium of one of the stands, to accommodate the MLFs of the North Sea part of their catchment area that continues to hamper their attendances

‘Atlantean in Peace’

Edited by TheBrownBottle