sunderland in the EFL

Big River

11 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

No idea, Nobody really knows how much KLD has to his name, It'll be interesting to see if he brings other players into the fold, goes for it himself or sells up once we get back to the Prem.

I like him though, he's very switched on and has barely put a foot wrong so far.

:thup: Do you back Mowbray to get you there at some point?

11 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Losses of £12m your last set of accounts showed?

12M annually isn’t a huge loss, With the model being put in place that can be rectified by one sale.

KLD has invested heavily in infrastructure which has openly been discussed as an operating loss in the first year. 

Yearly accounts will also run off the back of the league one season too.

11 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I'm not into answering questions indirectly bud. [emoji38]

Ross should have been given another full season IMO, I think he would have taken you up at the 2nd attempt. 

So what happens if Mowbray finishes in the bottom half of the table this season? Do you stick or twist again?

Also...and not fishing here, genuinely curious...why do you think Neal left to go to Stoke, if things are looking so rosy at SAFC? It's not like Stoke are a bigger club.

Ross was given more time than anyone, I did like him to be honest he was just too defensive and it cost us big time in big games.

Neil was already pally with the Directors at Stoke, I dont think he liked worked for a DoF here and the wage increase at Stoke will have helped..

Just now, TeddySAFC said:

Ballard will be the one that goes for mega money i think, Just a prediction..

Theres also Clarke, Patterson, Alese, Ba, Cirkin and a few others.

Give over man, you're having a laugh.  Or .......... deluded.

5 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

12M annually isn’t a huge loss, With the model being put in place that can be rectified by one sale.

KLD has invested heavily in infrastructure which has openly been discussed as an operating loss in the first year. 

Yearly accounts will also run off the back of the league one season too.

Championship clubs tend to lose more money than L1 clubs due to operating costs being far higher.

Losses of £12m when your turnover was less than £11m is a pretty big loss tbh.

2 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Ballard will be the one that goes for mega money i think, Just a prediction..

Theres also Clarke, Patterson, Alese, Ba, Cirkin and a few others.

Come back to me when ANY of those mentioned sign for a Premier league team.  I think I will be waiting quite a while.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Just look at some of the comments to Howe's team selection against Sheffield Wednesday. :lol: Guarantee you a sizable portion of our fan base will be calling for him to be sacked if we finish below 6th this season. We also had, counting from Souness until Pardew, 5 managers hounded out and 5 caretakers in a 5 year period as well.

Yep and it was totally right about the team selection, your second point on Howe is total bollocks by the way. 

2 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Ross was given more time than anyone, I did like him to be honest he was just too defensive and it cost us big time in big games.

Neil was already pally with the Directors at Stoke, I dont think he liked worked for a DoF here and the wage increase at Stoke will have helped..

Fair enough.

You may have noticed that all of my comments have been about what has gone on at SAFC in the recent past. With regards to their future though I have no idea what will happen next, but I can see why fans will now be feeling some optimism after crawling out of the biggest hole in their history. Fans run on hope and there does seem to be some down there now, and there's little reason why they can't imitate what Brentford are doing right now, if ran correctly. But if you don't go up either this season or next then it might take a lot longer than you think or hope for. Just look at how long Sheffield Wednesday have been down there for now.

Just now, et tu brute said:

Yep and it was totally right about the team selection, your second point on Howe is total bollocks by the way

I was gonna say that but just couldn't be arsed. :lol: The idea that even a tiny proportion of our support will want Howe sacked any time soon is utter bollocks. People need to stop basing their judgements on Twitter arseholes.

21 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Yep and it was totally right about the team selection, your second point on Howe is total bollocks by the way. 

Let's just hope we won't be in a position where I can tell you I told you so, because I definitely would if we were.

Just now, Conjo said:

Let's just hope we won't be in a position where I can tell you I told you so, because I definitely would if we were.

I wasn't expecting top 6, so you certainly won't see me saying that. If we drop off to below midtable (we won't), then I would certainly be asking some questions. 

6 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

@TeddySAFC

I'd like to ask you a question please 

Do you believe your official attendances are correct ? 

Not a hope in hell that those published attendance figures are true.  Shocking fake news from the club that aren't just exaggerated by a few thousand either.

Tell you what this lot would have undoubtedly beaten us on Saturday. Without even paying any attention to their current line up I would hazard a  guess they’ve got better players than Lewis, Murphy and Wood in their current line up.

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Tell you what this lot would have undoubtedly beaten us on Saturday. Without even paying any attention to their current line up I would hazard guess they’ve got better players than Lewis, Murphy and Wood in their current line up.

They haven't like.

Why are you lot engaging with this makem?

You know they all start off like him, with their seemingly reasonable arguments, but he's just here to score a few cheap points, why else would he wait until our only low point in the season to start regularly posting? 

He'll go full on "6 in a row! FTM!" before long, like all the rest of them.

9 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Tell you what this lot would have undoubtedly beaten us on Saturday. Without even paying any attention to their current line up I would hazard a  guess they’ve got better players than Lewis, Murphy and Wood in their current line up.

Tend to agree. But on the flipside we would have played a full strength team if we were playing them.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Tend to agree. But on the flipside we would have played a full strength team if we were playing them.

Argh aye I’m sure Howe would have appreciated it was a Derby match, but just shows where not light years ahead just yet when you scratch beneath the 1st team.

29 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

@TeddySAFC

I'd like to ask you a question please 

Do you believe your official attendances are correct ? 

Probably not, I think they automatically count full season ticket sales for every game + individual game by game tickets sold.

Numerous ST holders wont be at every game but will be accounted for in each home game.

Not really sure why people care about this sort of shite either, our support is fantastic regardless of what many Newcastle fans will say for where the club has been.

5 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Probably not, I think they automatically count full season ticket sales for every game + individual game by game tickets sold.

Numerous ST holders wont be at every game but will be accounted for in each home game.

Not really sure why people care about this sort of shite either, our support is fantastic regardless of what many Newcastle fans will say for where the club has been.

Must be a few thousand every game then looking at the gaps during your live games and highlights