sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 hour ago, Paz said:

can I ask a question? 

is it possible to be the 'best team in the world' if you don't play in your own nation's top league?

When you think about it, if you're sitting pretty near the top of the PL you can with some validity claim to be one of the best sides in the world.  Yet I've seen more claims by mackems that they are in that single thread than I've seen on here full stop.

15 minutes ago, Abacus said:

You know, watching their game yesterday I was convinced I was watching a pretty drab contest between two poor teams.

So, it's cheered me up no end to discover that what I was actually witnessing was one of the finest footballing teams in England, if not the world.

Mag philistine.  You don't know proper quality when you see it

In the games I've seen, they have looked nothing like a 'best footballing team in the world'. They do have some decent moments, but it's not like they're playing teams off the park. There was a twenty minute spell yesterday before their second goal , when 10 men Boro were well on top. There is a reason that most of their 'better players' are premier league rejects. That Championship is the worst in years, Burnley a team totally stripped of their better players are totally dominating that league and are currently 21 points clear of the mackem brazil select. 

Edited by et tu brute

They're talking about themselves like they're going to be everyone's second favourite team like we were in the 90s for playing swashbuckling football, but looking at the mess blowing round their bungalow bowl each weekend, they're more likely to get nicknamed "The Empty Containers".

55 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

In the games I've seen, they have looked nothing like a 'best footballing team in the world'. They do have some decent moments, but it's not like they're playing teams off the park. There was a twenty minute spell yesterday before their second goal , when 10 men Boro were well on top. There is a reason that most of their 'better players' are premier league rejects. That Championship is the worst in years, Burnley a team totally stripped of their better players are totally dominating that league and are currently 21 points clear of the mackem brazil select. 

You don't half talk some guff mind [emoji38]

1 hour ago, TeddySAFC said:

More like "premier league never have beens".  In all fairness, its a young team and they look fairly decent. Maybe you can build on this season and get in a position to get promoted next year or the year after that. If you do somehow get promotion this year that team would be destroyed in the PL.

Edited by OverThere

Didn’t watch live but saw bits of it today, they are utter shite , the standard is barely better than the 3 rd division they were marooned in for years, a league we have never had the pleasure of .

24 minutes ago, OverThere said:

More like "premier league never have beens".  In all fairness, its a young team and they look fairly decent. Maybe you can build on this season and get in a position to get promoted next year or the year after that. If you do somehow get promotion this year that team would be destroyed in the PL.

Well it's a little hypothetical really as the team that played yesterday (should it get promoted), wouldn't be identical to the team that would start in the Prem would it?

I'm by no means saying it would stay up, but the same was said ahead of our play-off final on here that we would get mullered in the Championship after we were promoted, which hasn't happened.

Edited by TeddySAFC

23 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Well it's a little hypothetical really as the team that played yesterday (should it get promoted), wouldn't be identical to the team that would start in the Prem would it?

I'm by no means saying it would stay up, but the same was said ahead of our play-off final on here that we would get mullered in the Championship after we were promoted, which hasn't happened.

Could go full blown Forest or use some of Richie Rich’s trust fund money.

Edited by Nucasol

30 minutes ago, GWN said:

Didn’t watch live but saw bits of it today, they are utter shite , the standard is barely better than the 3 rd division they were marooned in for years, a league we have never had the pleasure of .

They're playing the best football in England according to RTG :laugh:

2 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

Coming from you, I find that as a compliment. You're more than welcome to try and come back with facts on anything I say, I won't hold my breath 

Edited by et tu brute

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Coming from you, I find that as a compliment. You're more than welcome to try and come back with facts on anything I say, I won't hold my breath 

You said our best players are Premiership rejects.

I didn't realise Stewart, Ballard, Clarke, Patterson, Neil, and co had played games in that league but hey ho.

Of those who have played for PL clubs, Is Diallo a Premiership reject by being out on loan at 20 years old?

Edited by TeddySAFC

18 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

You said our best players are Premiership rejects.

I didn't realise Stewart, Ballard, Clarke, Patterson, Neil, and co had played games in that league but hey ho.

Of those who have played for PL clubs, Is Diallo a Premiership reject by being out on loan at 20 years old?

The fact that Clarke and Ballard were allowed to leave by their clubs for peanuts without playing any games tells me all I need to I know - rejects. You can include Roberts in that also, although he did actually manage a game. 

Patterson and Stewart have never been at a premiership club. 

Diallo looks ok, but he's not your player. 

Edited by et tu brute

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

The fact that Clarke and Ballard were allowed to leave by their clubs for peanuts without playing any games tells me all I need to I know - rejects. You can include Roberts in that also, although he did actually manage a game. 

Patterson and Stewart have never been at a premiership club. 

Diallo looks ok, but he's not your player. 

I'm not really sure how you can be deemed a reject if you haven't played in that division. If you are deeming them rejects because they didn't play senior games for Prem sides at the respective ages of some of the players in question, You need to look at the bigger picture. You can deem someone a reject at the back end of his career having never made it at that level or someone who was shunted around a variety of sides in that division without ever doing it, Ballard is 23, Clarke is 21.

Neil, Patterson and Stewart have never been part of a Premiership club, so how can they be Premiership rejects, or are you omitting them from your list of 'all of your best players are Premiership rejects'? 

You keep making misguided, ill-judged, daft and petulant snipes at anything and everything Sunderland related, It gives you a lack of credence to any ongoing debate. 

8 minutes ago, RS said:

Kuol. Prem reject. Never even kicked a ball

for us he was that shite. 

Musiala is shite aswell mind, He should have been winning for the Ballon D'or for Chelsea when he was 10, the reject.

Edited by TeddySAFC

A lot of people probably wrote off some of Brentford's players when they got promoted.

If the mackems do get promoted, they'll have done it on merit and the likes of Patterson, Clarke, Roberts and Stewart do have a decent ceiling and could be lower-end Premier League players.