sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 minute ago, TeddySAFC said:

I'm not really sure how you can be deemed a reject if you haven't played in that division. If you are deeming them rejects because they didn't play senior games for Prem sides at the respective ages of some of the players in question, You need to look at the bigger picture. You can deem someone a reject at the back end of his career having never made it at that level or someone who was shunted around a variety of sides in that division without ever doing it, Ballard is 23, Clarke is 21.

Neil, Patterson and Stewart have never been part of a Premiership club, so how can they be Premiership rejects, or are you omitting them from your list of 'all of your best players are Premiership rejects'? 

You keep making misguided, ill-judged, daft and petulant snipes at anything and everything Sunderland related, It gives you a lack of credence to any ongoing debate. 

Of course they have been rejected by their premiership clubs. You don't let players go for peanuts if you think they're good enough. Yeah I agree shouldn't have said all. As for the other stuff, what else am I misguided on? 

9 minutes ago, Sima said:

A lot of people probably wrote off some of Brentford's players when they got promoted.

If the mackems do get promoted, they'll have done it on merit and the likes of Patterson, Clarke, Roberts and Stewart do have a decent ceiling and could be lower-end Premier League players.

If they do, then we can have that conversation. 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Of course they have been rejected by their premiership clubs. You don't let players go for peanuts if you think they're good enough. Yeah I agree shouldn't have said all. As for the other stuff, what else am I misguided on? 

You are comparing apples and oranges man, Just because a player isn't breaking into Arsenal or Spurs first team at 20 years old, It doesn't just instantly make them a  Premiership reject, Are you that naive? 

1 minute ago, TeddySAFC said:

You are comparing apples and oranges man, Just because a player isn't breaking into Arsenal or Spurs first team at 20 years old, It doesn't just instantly make them a  Premiership reject, Are you that naive? 

No I think it's you being niave thinking they are good enough. Come back when/if you get to the premier league and they are performing at that level. By the way I just checked my original post and I didn't say 'all' either. 

5 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Ivan Toney's not doing too bad for a Premier League reject.

Same for Kevin Mbabu and Mitrovic

Just because a player doesn't make the grade at the time doesn't mean they have no future at that level.

Mbabu has been tragic tbf

17 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Just because a player doesn't make the grade at the time doesn't mean they have no future at that level.

Mitrovic went for well over 20 million and to another Premier League club when he was actually sold. Toney I totally agree, but was probably Rafa's biggest error of judgement in his time here. Mbabu has been shocking for Fulham. As I said to the mackem, let's come back to the conversation if/when they are playing Premier League football.

Edited by et tu brute

15 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Toney I totally agree, but was probably Rafa's biggest error of judgement in his time here.

Was it though?

I'm sure I read that Toney by his own admission wasn't good enough and wasn't making the grade, and needed to be kicked out to buck his ideas up. If he'd stayed he'd not have progressed to become the player he is now.

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Was it though?

I'm sure I read that Toney by his own admission wasn't good enough and wasn't making the grade, and needed to be kicked out to buck his ideas up. If he'd stayed he'd not have progressed to become the player he is now.

Yeah maybe, still think a manager like Howe would have played it differently. 

30 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Mitrovic went for well over 20 million and to another Premier League club when he was actually sold. Toney I totally agree, but was probably Rafa's biggest error of judgement in his time here. Mbabu has been shocking for Fulham. As I said to the mackem, let's come back to the conversation if/when they are playing Premier League football.

Toney himself said he wasn't ready at the time he was released and dropping down helped make him into a PL player.

3 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Toney himself said he wasn't ready at the time he was released and dropping down helped make him into a PL player.

Toney said he was sulking about keep getting loaned out and realises now it was the right thing to do. He never said he wasn't ready, just that his attitude was wrong. 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Toney said he was sulking about keep getting loaned out and realises now it was the right thing to do. He never said he wasn't ready, just that his attitude was wrong. 

Aye, and getting rid of him sorted out his attitude :lol:

58 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Beardsley - Man United reject did all right, no!

2 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

Where does the gravy /bisto "insult" come from? 

No idea, but considering Sunderland is routinely in the top 3 for most obese cities/towns in England, it's funny. Also, there's an absolutel fat arse around the corner that sits outside his house with a measure jug of gravy on summer days. He supports Sunderland. [emoji38]

With 1st and 2nd already secured in that league, it really is a lottery who will grab the final place. There are about 8 teams in contention and it could be any one of them as none of them can get any consistency. I can easily see this lot sneaking in through the back door.