sunderland in the EFL

Big River

:lol: Mags knowingly selecting a drunk driver is despicable, but one of The Lads™ being up to his elbow inside a minor with the smell of special fried rice wafting through his Range Rover window and  subsequently starting out wide every Saturday isn't a problem. Mackematics.

3 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Another young French wizard signed, We will have to hold a French day soon :cool:

I’d wait until your crowds have increased to a level where it’d be worth doing. 

5 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Another young French wizard signed, We will have to hold a French day soon :cool:

Been there, done that. Come back when you've had goat curry on the canteen menu for Senegal day. 😂

1 minute ago, TeddySAFC said:

[emoji38] The only stick we get for crowds is from Newcastle fans man.

Your crowds are great mate, the only issue anyone has with them is the clear and obvious lie about the number of people inside.

Just now, pinkeye said:

Your crowds are great mate, the only issue anyone has with them is the clear and obvious lie about the number of people inside.

I've asked this before, Why does it bother people?

The support is fantastic and the majority of the lower bowl is full for weekend home games, It seems to dip off significantly for midweek games.

2 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

[emoji38] The only stick we get for crowds is from Newcastle fans man.

Meant when you get around to opening the top tier of your stadium, and when the season ticket holding fans turn up who are currently staying away- lots of noticeable empty seats everywhere isn’t a good look, despite the ‘official’ figures. Plus, an official ‘French day’ might mean having to be signed off by your club (or “Mag safety officer”) and given the last display had to be cancelled due to safety concerns at throwing the cards onto the pitch, I don’t think it would be allowed, somehow. 

good luck though.

1 minute ago, TeddySAFC said:

The support is fantastic and the majority of the lower bowl is full for weekend home games, It seems to dip off significantly for midweek games.

There is a bit of ying and yang between some supporters of both clubs over attendances that's endured through history. 

I think the current interest is largely due to SAFC regularly announcing full houses when it's clear to everyone it's half empty. 

It's laughable and worthy of satire

Just now, Manxst said:

Meant when you get around to opening the top tier of your stadium, and when the season ticket holding fans turn up who are currently staying away- lots of noticeable empty seats everywhere isn’t a good look, despite the ‘official’ figures. Plus, an official ‘French day’ might mean having to be signed off by your club (or “Mag safety officer”) and given the last display had to be cancelled due to safety concerns at throwing the cards onto the pitch, I don’t think it would be allowed, somehow. 

good luck though.

It's been open this season mate, Around 2,000 were chucked into the gods for last Sundays game.

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

There is a bit of ying and yang between some supporters of both clubs over attendances that's endured through history. 

I think the current interest is largely due to SAFC regularly announcing full houses when it's clear to everyone it's half empty. 

It's laughable and worthy of satire

I mean, it's never half empty but if that's the line you want to go with fair enough, makes the entire debate futile, To my knowledge they haven't announced a full house either.

Edited by TeddySAFC

Just now, TeddySAFC said:

I'd guess because people have a look on RTG as some sort of schadenfreude  and over recent years, when both clubs have had little to shout about any area to try and get some form of one-upmanship is used. But then blatant lies are rolled out knowingly so naturally that will irritate some.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

I'd guess because people have a look on RTG as some sort of schadenfreude  and over recent years, when both clubs have had little to shout about any area to try and get some form of one-upmanship is used. But then blatant lies are rolled out knowingly so naturally that will irritate some.

Most reasoned post I have seen on this thread to date.

Edited by TeddySAFC