sunderland in the EFL

Big River

33 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

I honestly couldnt give a shite what our recorded attendances are and find it mad some of you are bothered by it.

Maybe you are the exception :rolleyes:

Over on your fan site they have an attendance thread for every single home game...they actually count how many tickets are sold each day :lol:

"...couldn't give a shite"  my :bootyshake:

27 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Maybe you are the exception :rolleyes:

Over on your fan site they have an attendance thread for every single home game...they actually count how many tickets are sold each day :lol:

"...couldn't give a shite"  my :bootyshake:

The sooner you get it into your head that the SMB doesnt represent the majority of Sunderland fans the better.

Attendance bragging has always been a bit of a weird thing. It's probably because neither of us have won anything in living memory, so when you get into a debate with a rival fan, it's the one thing you've got going for you.

E.g. we're bigger than Wigan because we've got more fans.

Which then means we need to squabble between ourselves about how fan numbers are reported, like dancing on the head of a pin.

That said, Sunderland are shite, their fans are shite, they don't turn up and their bones are made out of cheesy chips.

More seriously, I'm quite interested in their owners.

Donald and Methven seemed to have a clear plan to get them into the championship and then flip them for a profit. The current owners (whoever they even are with their opaque ownership structure) I'm not so sure about.

I assume it's to get to the PL and sell them then. But I'm guessing there, not sure they've ever stated their intentions? Also, not even sure that's a good idea right now as it seems like a good chunk of established PL teams are up for sale at the same time. It's important because it makes a difference to the message throughout your whole club.

14 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

The sooner you get it into your head that the SMB doesnt represent the majority of Sunderland fans the better.

It's one of the biggest and most active football forums on the internet. Why would it not be an accurate representation of SAFC's support?

Edited by Wandy

14 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

They don't represent fully functional human beings from what I've seen. Worked with a few SAFC fans and there's been a bit of good natured, light hearted banter. It's not just because it's an online thing either, I've seen the SAFC Reddit sub, Newcastle barely got a mention, you seem sound on here.

Then you go on that board and see how pure hatred has consumed them. The mods allow it to become a weird echo chamber where lies are more important than the truth depending on which team you support, Sunderland fans can openly post racist comments and Newcastle fans get banned for questioning it. It blows my mind

It becomes its own culture eventually, so the only people signing up are ones who subscribe to that hate-filled herd mentality.  If you don't, you are called out as a mag and I suspect most just give up and leave.

Plus, they exacerbate the echo chamber by only allowing certain topics to be viewed by members 

I see they're playing mental gymnastics on the Gordon signing over there. Three threads in one day (one already parsnipped, other two no doubt to follow). Current discussion on FFP, Maxi is shit snd they would rather have their cheap signings, loans and championship level players. I've never see a fan base more broken :lol:

Edited by et tu brute

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I see they're playing mental gymnastics on the Gordon signing over there. Three threads in one day (one already parsnipped, other two no doubt to follow). Current discussion on FFP, Maxi is shit snd they would rather have their cheap signings, loans and championship level players. I've never see a fan base more broken :lol:

At least they are no longer going with the line "that ownership is not what it seems, they won't spend"

They are now going with calling everyone we sign shite 

It's hilarious seeing them lose it (I say seeing, sadly don't fully get to enjoy it because they are a bunch are sensitive doylems)

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

At least they are no longer going with the line "that ownership is not what it seems, they won't spend"

They are now going with calling everyone we sign shite 

It's hilarious seeing them lose it (I say seeing, sadly don't fully get to enjoy it because they are a bunch are sensitive doylems)

Of course they have their top level expansive football to shout about. The one which has them 9th in the table and a championship goals per game ratio less that the one we currently have in the Premier League. 

Ready to go is interesting because if you have a few Sunderland supporting mates, you can spot the ones who read it and those that don’t. I have one otherwise very sensible friend who uses their lines and it’s slightly embarrassing for him when it’s pointed out. 

18 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

They’re absolutely insane - I wouldn’t swap them as neighbours for anyone else!