sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 hour ago, deejeck said:

Suspect that's totally made up. Watched the game and whilst Sunderland were half decent and very dogged, anybody with that as a genuine realistic opinion wants sectioned. 

Chris Sutton said they same, he was very impressed 

TBF they’re about as anti Sunlun as you can imagine. Loads of flighty quick lads who have a trick but are wildly inconsistent but have quality in bits. Actually got round to should what they should have done 4-5 years ago instead of paying attention to their fans and their love of Bally disciples. 

Have a bit of pace and trickery in your team at that level and you’ll be all right. Mowbray is absolutely fine for them too. 

2 hours ago, Disco said:

TBF they’re about as anti Sunlun as you can imagine. Loads of flighty quick lads who have a trick but are wildly inconsistent but have quality in bits. Actually got round to should what they should have done 4-5 years ago instead of paying attention to their fans and their love of Bally disciples. 

Have a bit of pace and trickery in your team at that level and you’ll be all right. Mowbray is absolutely fine for them too. 

Moybray teams always start like this, what intricate attacking football, nice on the eye. If falls apart  tho 

43 minutes ago, Ben said:

I know I'm probably in the minority here but I would love them to get promoted  love a deby game.

Just out of interest, do you live around mackems??

Edited by Scoot

3 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

Moybray teams always start like this, what intricate attacking football, nice on the eye. If falls apart  tho 

Recently read "Expected Goals - The story of how data conquered football and changed the game forever" and Mowbray comes out of it quite well about his time at Coventry, about how in time he became open minded about it so was possibly a quite early user.

11 hours ago, deejeck said:

Suspect that's totally made up. Watched the game and whilst Sunderland were half decent and very dogged, anybody with that as a genuine realistic opinion wants sectioned. 

It’s not. I was listening to five live. Not sure who the co comms was but he was an ex Sunderland player 

43 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s not. I was listening to five live. Not sure who the co comms was but he was an ex Sunderland player 

Watched the game and thought they played well, but no amount of persuasion will convince me that what I witnessed was prime Barca [emoji38]

To be fair they do play some attractive football which is easy on the eye, and they’re doing far better than they probably ever expected. Fair play to them for their transfer policy too - new owners seems to have completely overhauled an aging squad of plodders and replaced them with young, hungry players (granted their stand-out is a loanee).

However, the problem with that lot is, in my life (and likely beyond) a good run = we’re the best team about. A shit run = sack the manager. They’re always about 5 games away from a crisis or from definitely going up/getting in Europe/staying up. 

They have an outside chance of promotion this year, but they’d be better off building for a year or two before going up, as ridiculous as that sounds. 

Good luck to Stewart as well. Never nice to see an injury like that and it could well have cost him a decent move. Still think one of the relegated teams or a Norwich (or whoever doesn’t go up) would take a punt on him in the summer, but there’s no doubt his value just significantly dropped. Sounds sly but sort of served them wrongns right for wishing an ACL injury on Bruno. 

Edit: fairly certain young Rigg will sign for us in the summer. Can’t find my post from last year, but I’m fairly familiar with the family. Seems set to go to NUFC but nothing is decided yet. If he’s going to play often it may do the kid well to stay put, imo. 

Edited by Chicken Dancer