sunderland in the EFL

Big River

5 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Not a real cup like the Papa John's.

Aye that's another one. Talking about their many trips to Wembo in comparison with us recently. They've been twice for a competition we literally play our Academy team in, and twice for a Play-Off Final in a league we've never been so low in our history to be involved in. :lol:

Idiots man.

5 hours ago, Chris_R said:

This is so true. Us losing the final would be their best result of the season, which basically says everything you need to know about them.

I don't know whether it's just an apocryphal tale or whether it's got a basis in truth but I remember reading that a paper (presumably the Echo) had planned to do a "Top 10 Moments" voted for by Sunderland fans. They decided to scrap it in the end because 7 of the 10 were Newcastle failures. The top was either us losing out on the title after the 12-point lead or Shearer getting injured in the 4-1 game.

24 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Not getting a striker might end up costing them big time this season.

They're a joy to watch, entertaining the nation on a weekly basis, they'll be dripping in goals. The pitches they play on will be absolutely sopping [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I had a read of groomers match thread on the match, fuck me are they not half bitter at the sports media. The shear anger and fewm is glorious.

:lol: Have to admit, other way round and I'd be raging, although I probably wouldn't be watching them.

I watched the coverage on catch up once I got back last night, and it was none stop NUFC leg humping ha lovely stuff. 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

I watched the coverage on catch up once I got back last night, and it was none stop NUFC leg humping ha lovely stuff. 

Event he pre-match was all Newcastle. That little Southampton guy flanked by Shay Given and Ginola. [emoji38] They talked about Newcastle non-stop and then right before they cut to an advert Given was like "Oh yeah Ward-Prowse is decent".

She will kick off the European and UK leg of the tour in Stockholm on May 10, with further dates in Brussels, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Sunderland and Paris, before three dates at London’s Tottenham Hotspur stadium on May 29, 30 and June 2.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/beyonce-renaissane-tour-tickets-2023-uk-europe-north-america-buy-tickets-3390499

Must be buzzing to be in the mix with that list of cities

They're having a pop at the atmosphere last night.

Worth noting that when they were in this situation there was about 30,000 there, 5,000 Man United fans and 18000 empty seats.

The atmosphere at SJP was probably better than that against Burnley in the 2nd round of this cup last season under Bruce than their semi.

A like for like comparison would be night and day, visually and audibly

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

They're having a pop at the atmosphere last night.

Worth noting that when they were in this situation there was about 30,000 there, 5,000 Man United fans and 18000 empty seats.

The atmosphere at SJP was probably better than that against Burnley in the 2nd round of this cup last season under Bruce than their semi.

A like for like comparison would be night and day, visually and audibly

Having a go at the atmosphere?[emoji38]

They're broken!

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

Why do they go on about the league one play off final like it was some defining and historic day, something they wouldn’t swap back for all of the world? Am I missing a bit they’re doing or something?

I love the way they use their wembley trips for the papa John's and league 1 playoff finals as some sort of stick to beat us with. It's hilarious. Do they not realise for us to compete in those same finals we would have to get relegated, TWICE and have basically the worst season in our history! They're a bunch of morons.

They don't play good football. They play grinding football. As said a few times, they are the Wycombe Wanderers of the PL. Pope and the back four are all big lads and stop the aerial threat and set pieces. They pack their box and hit on the break, the fact that other than last night, they hardly concede but aren't big scorers either says it all. Imagine the Mags are happy to be 4th but not attractive to watch (not for the neutrals). Not saying they don't have good players but the style is instantly forgettable. I think going forward teams will adapt to play against them and be interesting if the likes of Almiron can stay at the level they are now but never were under Bruce.

Broken  :tino:

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

They don't play good football. They play grinding football. As said a few times, they are the Wycombe Wanderers of the PL. Pope and the back four are all big lads and stop the aerial threat and set pieces. They pack their box and hit on the break, the fact that other than last night, they hardly concede but aren't big scorers either says it all. Imagine the Mags are happy to be 4th but not attractive to watch (not for the neutrals). Not saying they don't have good players but the style is instantly forgettable. I think going forward teams will adapt to play against them and be interesting if the likes of Almiron can stay at the level they are now but never were under Bruce.

Broken  :tino:

Well that's just a complete lie isn't it.[emoji38]