sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

Why do they go on about the league one play off final like it was some defining and historic day, something they wouldn’t swap back for all of the world? Am I missing a bit they’re doing or something?

They're using the Jedi mind tricks on themselves.

"It's not embarrassing to even be in a position to enter a competition that academy teams play in, it's an illustrious achievement!"

Mid week night games are too dangerous, the North sea is at its most formidable during the cold winter months.

Edit - Fuck, Already covered in the two posts above [emoji38]

Edited by NE27

My sons school got 50 tickets last week from SAFC. I'm lead to believe that all 50 of these tickets will count towards the attendance figure, even if they're not all taken up and used on the day. Surely that can't be true. It would make a mockery of any attendance figure as it won't be the only school to get a few.

Is that someone off here? :lol:

7 minutes ago, Paullow said:

My sons school got 50 tickets last week from SAFC. I'm lead to believe that all 50 of these tickets will count towards the attendance figure, even if they're not all taken up and used on the day. Surely that can't be true. It would make a mockery of any attendance figure as it won't be the only school to get a few.

If it is a real post, I love that only now does it make a mockery of their attendances despite it happening for years. 

1 hour ago, GWN said:

I got a message off a Mackem today asking if I want directions .

stupid cunt

Is that why it used to be called the Milk Cup, because the mackems will milk appearing in an invetiably losing effort (and their only final since football was invented in 1992) for all its worth. 

2 hours ago, Scoot said:

I love the way they use their wembley trips for the papa John's and league 1 playoff finals as some sort of stick to beat us with. It's hilarious. Do they not realise for us to compete in those same finals we would have to get relegated, TWICE and have basically the worst season in our history! They're a bunch of morons.

Even the weakest of our Wembley games - the Charity Shield and Semi-Final in 2000 are leagues (literally) above any appearance they've made outside of the league cup since 92.

Edited by Jonas

5 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Unfortunately not many outside of Sunderland care about us, they never have done and never will. I stopped getting pissed off about it a long time ago. I just don't care anymore.

Totally agree. They play good football and are unfortunately only going to get better over the years. We just need to concentrate on ourselves. So what if we will always play second fiddle to them, we're used to it to be honest. I honestly don't even care about them.

[emoji38]

I mean I guess nothing he's saying is untrue of course, but he just joined last week, 5 posts and pretty much everyone of them is subtly derogatory. Needs to be a bit less obvious.

11 minutes ago, Paullow said:

In fairness we gave away loads of tickets to schools and support groups during Ashley's reign. Different story now. 

3 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Don’t forget the wedding season is just around the corner.

Looks like it's their new comfy blanket. Problem is it's a load of shit. We are playing better football, creating more efforts, more goals per game ratio and at a higher level. Got no problem saying Sunderland play some decent stuff at times, but they go on as if they totally play teams off the park and dominate games, when that is far from the case. 

24 minutes ago, OCK said:

In fairness we gave away loads of tickets to schools and support groups during Ashley's reign. Different story now. 

We didn't give any tickets away - ASHLEY did, and purely and simply as a result of his own earlier actions.

40 minutes ago, Paullow said:

:indi:

2 hours ago, GWN said:

I got a message off a Mackem today asking if I want directions .

stupid cunt

the Trafalgar Square / Covent Garden shit does my head in - it’s not new, it’s just new in social media . We did it in both 1998 and 1999 and the jocks have done it ore any England v Scotland international. I assume most well supported provincial clubs who aren’t regular finalists do it. 

Just now, manorpark said:

We didn't give any tickets away - ASHLEY did, and purely and simply as a result of his own earlier actions.

It was only for half a season as well. This lot have been doing it for nearly 2 decades. 

£9.50 on average, we're not far off triple that per head counted in attendance. It's why they will always struggle in the top tier in a self support model. They will always need propping up. 

I do think if this setup had the financial might of Short, they'd do a hell of a lot better than what he did and achieved. 

1 minute ago, OCOCOL said:

the Trafalgar Square / Covent Garden shit does my head in - it’s not new, it’s just new in social media . We did it in both 1998 and 1999 and the jocks have done it ore any England v Scotland international. I assume most well supported provincial clubs who aren’t regular finalists do it. 

They invented football and every tradition that goes with it. Every song, flag display, scarfs, anything that has ever happened, the MLF's did it first. Just accept it.

14 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Nah, Newcastle United Foundation always had tickets for tour groups, schools and disability groups. Not so much anymore due to demand. 

18 minutes ago, Dokko said:

They invented football and every tradition that goes with it. Every song, flag display, scarfs, anything that has ever happened, the MLF's did it first. Just accept it.

fair bit of casual racism and abusing your own players too :)