sunderland in the EFL

Big River

16 hours ago, Sima said:

image.thumb.png.cdc195d3592c8f13d4eff5601a7b33c7.png

The last line.

We’ve been singing that for as long as I can remember.

Fucking dopes :lol: 

16 hours ago, madras said:

At least as far back as the early 70s.

Definitely. It was something me Mam taught me around 90/91 when I got the centenary books. Might even have been a flag to that extent at one of the finals in the 70s therein. 

Tell Me Ma Me Ma, first heard that after Port Vale in Jan 93. Was probably the first time since I'd been going that we could even fantasise about Wembley (KKs first full season).

Edited by Jonas

1 hour ago, madras said:

Have you not heard the Steve Howey training under Ossie story ?

I reckon that's a story that has grown its own legs.  I know howey recounts that but I think there is a bit of poetic licence to it, like..... imagine if we do this... to it becoming fact as its a great yarn

41 minutes ago, 1964 said:

I reckon that's a story that has grown its own legs.  I know howey recounts that but I think there is a bit of poetic licence to it, like..... imagine if we do this... to it becoming fact as its a great yarn

Oh definitely. The whole podcast is well worth a listen.

On 01/02/2023 at 14:07, Sima said:

image.thumb.png.cdc195d3592c8f13d4eff5601a7b33c7.png

The last line.

We’ve been singing that for as long as I can remember.

Fucking dopes :lol: 

I'm sure some tried to say it was a 'micky mouse' cup, but I was absolutely shitting it when they went 1-0. Would've been a nightmare - cos it's a proper cup (unlike the papa john's).

Remember 'tell me ma me ma' well from our late 90s cup runs :lol:

Those daft twats still boasting about the Third Division playoffs and the Pizza Trophy for the bottom two tiers and PL youth teams, then?

Why the fuck would a proper club even want to highlight it?  It makes my teeth itch with embarrassment.  MLFs: going to the fucking Checkatrade Final is a CONFESSION, not a BOAST

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Those daft twats still boasting about the Third Division playoffs and the Pizza Trophy for the bottom two tiers and PL youth teams, then?

Why the fuck would a proper club even want to highlight it?  It makes my teeth itch with embarrassment.  MLFs: going to the fucking Checkatrade Final is a CONFESSION, not a BOAST

Aye but they can direct us to Wembo Way and that now!

2 hours ago, Hovagod said:

They talk like such yokels about London.  

Worth pointing out at this point that it’s Wembo Park that runs from Kings Cross. Wembo Central is on the Bakerloo line.

Cant even get that right, the daft cunt.

4 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

I'm sure some tried to say it was a 'micky mouse' cup, but I was absolutely shitting it when they went 1-0. Would've been a nightmare - cos it's a proper cup (unlike the papa john's).

Remember 'tell me ma me ma' well from our late 90s cup runs :lol:

Aye, I screamed like a little girl when Man City equalised and then scored a 2nd time. I thought they were going to do it before that, we’d never have been able to live it down.

21 minutes ago, Sima said:

Creased at them starting to get all excited about those proposed new regulations :lol:

It just means what is happening to us and what has happened to citeh will never happening again to any other team, including themselves. 

3 hours ago, Cort said:

And all of that to finish 7th a couple of times.

That's some feat considering they have only spent 16 of 31 seasons in the PL. This is from 2020: Sunderland - Points: 618 (from 608 games), Seasons: 16, Goal difference: -292 :lol: 

A historically shite run club with terrible ROI for anyone involved in ownership. Not enough MLF's to make them worthy of note. :smug: