sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Just now, Dokko said:

It just means what is happening to us and what has happened to citeh will never happening again to any other team, including themselves. 

Don't know what these new regulations are but I do know mackems would gladly sacrifice the hope of their club ever being anything to stop us being successful

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Grumpy Old Cunt is praying that human rights issues will be included and our owners will be banned as a result. 

What a whopper he is.

Read there blurb on why the Super league must come. Makes no sense as it states it is the only way the other European teams can compete with English teams is to have a Super League.

Doesn't that then imply the English teams do not need a Super League and that in fact they will be better off without one? Even if it was to happen wouldnt the English teams then just be top of that pile and therefore the status quo would not be changed one jot!

1 hour ago, The Bonk said:

That's some feat considering they have only spent 16 of 31 seasons in the PL. This is from 2020: Sunderland - Points: 618 (from 608 games), Seasons: 16, Goal difference: -292 :lol: 

A historically shite run club with terrible ROI for anyone involved in ownership. Not enough MLF's to make them worthy of note. :smug:

I see they're circling the bowl in that all time PL table too in 17th.

Were approaching 400wins (8wins away) the mackems on 153 after 30years at the current rate are due to hit 400 in the 2072/73 season.

Our 1000th goal was in September 2012. They are due theirs at their current rate in 2042.

Imagine how shit they would have been had they not been financially doped by Short and Drumville

Edited by Jonas

10 minutes ago, Jonas said:

I see they're circling the bowl in that all time PL table too in 17th.

Were approaching 400wins (8wins away) the mackems on 153 after 30years at the current rate are due to hit 400 in the 2072/73 season.

Our 1000th goal was in September 2012. They are due theirs at their current rate in 2042.

Imagine how shit they would have been had they not been financially doped by Short and Drumville

Don't let some Marramatics and the Magedia tell you any different though! 

Historically, Boro are a better run club than them and higher in the all time table with less games played. :lol: 

28 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Read there blurb on why the Super league must come. Makes no sense as it states it is the only way the other European teams can compete with English teams is to have a Super League.

Doesn't that then imply the English teams do not need a Super League and that in fact they will be better off without one? Even if it was to happen wouldnt the English teams then just be top of that pile and therefore the status quo would not be changed one jot!

Since the Hysel ban was rescinded in 1991, only SIX English sides have won the Champions' League.

In the last 10 years that's 2, the same as German sides have managed, so it's hardly the case that we're outcompeting the rest of Europe when the clubs actually meet. In contrast, Spanish sides have won 6 of the last 10, and 13 since 1991.

Prior to the ban it was worse, especially considering there were only one/two entrants. 85 Liverpool runners-up. 84 Liverpool winners 82 Villa winners 81 Liverpool winners 79 & 80 Forest winners 77 & 78 Liverpool winners.

I wish it was different, 90s was a sweet spot. English teams could not qualify for the CL prior to 94/95 so they changed the format. (*We were actually the first English side to win a CL qualifier)

Ironically the lack of competitiveness in the other leagues has worked against them.  Their own greed on a domestic level.

Wonder what would have happened here before the takeovers started.  The PL carved up between Man United and Arsenal.

Edited by Jonas

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Grumpy Old Cunt is praying that human rights issues will be included and our owners will be banned as a result. 

Is he totally forgetting that the Premier league have legally binding arguments, that say PIF are separate from the state of Saudi Arabia which would mean even if human rights did become a thing, it still wouldn't affect us? Or have they just chose to ignore the bits they don't like as usual?

I’d love to see a government backed regulator hoy PIF out the PL and still expect to have diplomatic or financial relations with the U.K. Not under even a Labour Govt would they go down that route, let them keep dreaming the worst is yet to come for them.

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

Seems like these morons are struggling to sell tickets for the Fulham replay. Just checked the Fulham attendance thread and all the excuses in the world are being put forward.[emoji38]

Unfortunately for them they have to give an accurate crowd for a cup game. Their excuses are laughable mind

Edited by et tu brute

6 hours ago, et tu brute said:

RTG will be the only place on earth sad to hear that KSA and the Houthi are in peace talks in Yemen.  Mind, I don’t have a son with a PhD (I don’t have a son full stop) so what would I know?

3 hours ago, Scoot said:

Seems like these morons are struggling to sell tickets for the Fulham replay. Just checked the Fulham attendance thread and all the excuses in the world are being put forward.[emoji38]

Aye, half their fans have to work shifts an that, fucking excuse-making scruffs

A bit presumptuous they’ll even be playing us any time soon, isn’t it? 

Love the idea of an LGBT+ flag for the 700 page inquest it’ll no doubt provoke on RTG. Starting a civil war to try and own us by doing something our fans have done on several occasions since the takeover. 

Edited by christ

Wonder if any of the Mackems have twigged the LGBT flag permanently in the East Stand at SJP.

Naturally that thread about their new flags turns into a discussion about how they should start targeting us like Boro and Palace did. Truly pathetic fanbase they have. 

46 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Naturally that thread about their new flags turns into a discussion about how they should start targeting us like Boro and Palace did.

That feels a bit soon to me, I've only just recovered from what they did.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

‘Let’s call out the bigotry of their owners.  That would send a message about our moral superiority.

Hang on, what about the swathes of bigots we have? Shit, best rethink that.  Luckily that was a whole sentence ago, I’m sure no-one will notice’

B76BABD2-7594-4C5E-84CF-726A3FD62672.thumb.png.e36e3e28a764be242cdbd0d476fea3c9.png

Are these lot for real? They must be doing this on purpose surely ;D Calling them thick as pigshit is doing a disservice to the IQ of pigshit 

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

‘Let’s call out the bigotry of their owners.  That would send a message about our moral superiority.

Hang on, what about the swathes of bigots we have? Shit, best rethink that.  Luckily that was a whole sentence ago, I’m sure no-one will notice’

B76BABD2-7594-4C5E-84CF-726A3FD62672.thumb.png.e36e3e28a764be242cdbd0d476fea3c9.png

Gordon (Mag) Armstrong's header in a Quarter-Final - good to see their level of iconic moments is in keeping with their level of iconic players.

On 03/02/2023 at 01:40, Optimistic Nut said:

Screenshot_20230203-013835.png

Lets see who gets there the most over the next ten years. 

These sad twats don't realise that their best chance of getting back there is through a lower division playoff or by being relegated again and participating in the Papa Johns Trophy. Shame we'll have to settle for League Cup finals, FA Cup finals, Community Sheilds and who knows maybe a European tournament final. ;)