Newcastle United vs Leicester City, Sunday 17/4/2022 @ 14:15 (SKY)

LRD

This Leicester team is a shadow of what it's been over the past 6 years or so. They're more than capable of upping their game considerably but I can see a Wolves level of performance from them. 

Another narrow win is my guess.

Feeling as relaxed as I do, and going along with my other half for only our second time (the first being the 2-0 Brighton game in the Championship) I honestly just hope it's a good occasion and a good game. Obviously I want us to trounce them as I would anyone, but if it's an entertaining draw and a point closer to planning for the future, then that'll do fine. 

Would expect a less than full strength lineup from them given they’re at the Phillips Stadion on the Thursday, especially if they get through. Would be happy enough with a draw, could see it going either way. 

7 minutes ago, Disco said:

Would expect a less than full strength lineup from them given they’re at the Phillips Stadion on the Thursday, especially if they get through. Would be happy enough with a draw, could see it going either way. 

Thought their result in the home leg was as good as we could ask for, if that tie is at all likely to influence our game. Everything to play for in Eindhoven so you'd expect them to be going for it; whereas a comfortable victory either way would have probably reduced the intensity. 

Only 3 points ahead of us but with 2 games in hand, fair enough. Is rodgers still well regarded there? Would have thought they'd have been hoping for more. Know all their centre backs got injured or something

I think we know they'll turn up, just can't be sue they'll still be there come the second half. These are beatable and we have no reason to fear them, but they could also beat us, on their day, so a good game, and a point would be satisfactory.