Newcastle United vs Leicester City, Sunday 17/4/2022 @ 14:15 (SKY)

LRD

Guest HTT II

I took my two when they were 4 and five, then the youngest when he was 5. No more games until the Cambridge FA Cup game for them. They are now 8 and 10. They’ve been to more Gateshead games than NUFC games. The oldest gets bored as he’s not into football, the youngest is absorbed by it all. I so wish I was fully immersed into match day going to get my two into it, but I just can’t be arsed these days. 

Edited by HTT II

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

My first game was at three months old at a certain Fairs Cup Final as my mother (season ticket holder) couldn't get a baby sitter and wasn't going to miss the game. I was four when I went to my next game after that. 

Where was your mother's season ticket?

My season tocket that year was a 'standing one' in the old Centre Paddock in front of the West Stand.

Guest HTT II

My brother in law (along with me for a birthday present) took my then 6 month old nephew to a game, we were in a corporate box mind. Think it was Plymouth at home in our first relegation season.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

They should shorten the matches to 60 minutes!!

I took my two boys to Juventus in the CL for their first game. We were living in Manchester but visiting Newcastle. They were aged 3 and 4. The youngest slept through the second half. Both still big fans.

I was 7 for my first game. 1860 Munich in the Intertoto Cup.

Old enough to appreciate it, and then I was hooked. Season tickets later that year. 

I don’t think I’d have understood or appreciated it if I was 4 or 5. Just my opinion like

7 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I was 7 for my first game. 1860 Munich in the Intertoto Cup.

Old enough to appreciate it, and then I was hooked. Season tickets later that year. 

I don’t think I’d have understood or appreciated it if I was 4 or 5. Just my opinion like

wow ! you must be over 160 years old :indi:

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

My first game was at three months old at a certain Fairs Cup Final as my mother (season ticket holder) couldn't get a baby sitter and wasn't going to miss the game. I was four when I went to my next game after that. 

Fairweather fan.

Just now, plenum said:

Pretty quiet pre match thread. I guess it's a good sign.... hopefully many forum members are on their way to SJP and not on here 😄

Or in the pub like I am.:D