Bolton vs Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts

BlufPurdi

We got punished for our immature back four.

This time is Ramage, next time it would be Edgar, Hunty or Taylor.

Defender is top priority in transfer window.

Same old story at Bolton.

blueyes.gif

They really do bully us out of the park. Disappointing after the bright start but I would have taken a draw before the game so it's alright. Must pick up some points at Goodison though, massive game for our confidence/morale.

4-5-1 against Bolton.

We need two strikers against Everton. That way we can peg the opposition back, maintain possession in their half and give our defence a bit of a breather.

We don't have anyone capable of playing that lone striker role so why play a formation which involves a lone striker?

I didn't watch it but the commentators have said we were second best for much of the game.

Guest Saint Andy

fickle posters on this board, all i heard after spurs was ramage motm etc...

one mistake, but he's cartainly not boumsong. and don't forget pav & the back four haven't had too much match time together.

The moment that back 5 stepped on the pitch, we were fucked.  Unless we had scored 3 or 4, we were never going to win that game.  They were woeful from the beginning, I'm surprised it took Bolton as long as it did to break us down.  Nothing special from Bolton really, just benefited from us being shite.

A draw would have been a good result here and we somehow bossed them for the opening periods, until the defensive mistakes (which were always going to be an issue when you play such a makeshift back 5.)

I'm not too disheartened at all, let's just hope we've got some players back for Everton otherwise we might be looking at much of the same.

Also, Radio Newcastle is fucking shit, pair of gobshites.

Guest Nufc4Life

Certainly no disgrace to lose to Bolton...but its the manner in which we lost, That 2nd half was a fucking disgrace, we were shit, no passion, no commitment, nothing, im disgusted witht that performance in thr 2nd half, they should hang there heads in shame. PATHETIC.

Same old story at Bolton.

blueyes.gif

They really do bully us out of the park. Disappointing after the bright start but I would have taken a draw before the game so it's alright. Must pick up some points at Goodison though, massive game for our confidence/morale.

How can they fail when they get every decision going?, cheating cunts.