Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace, Wednesday 20/4/2022 @ 19:45 (No UK TV)

LRD

They’re a similar level to Leicester, probably worse overall but with a couple of really dangerous players. 

We still don’t look like we have loads of goals in us, but good chance of a win. 

Results don’t really matter now so happy to just play well and enjoy. 

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

They’re a similar level to Leicester, probably worse overall but with a couple of really dangerous players. 

We still don’t look like we have loads of goals in us, but good chance of a win. 

Results don’t really matter now so happy to just play well and enjoy. 

Newcastle haven't been shipping in goals sans one game so they have a shot at all of them except maybe City and their ilk.

13 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Interesting and quite surprisingly, we haven’t won a game by more than two goals under Howe.

I think that’ll end here.

3-0.

Is it?  It's quite rare for bottom half sides to win a game by 3 or more goals. Espeically as nearly all of our games have been close battles

Anyway, Palce will be a lot more trickier than they have been in recent seasons, especially with Gallagher coming back in

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

We'd be mad to drop Shelvey

I don't know. He's been relatively anonymous with Bruno in the team, the last two games. Still pops up from time to time with an important contribution, but I think he might be expendable.

Don't think Bruno makes that run in the last minute if he was playing Shelvey's position. We'd be mad to make him play a more disciplined defensive mid role after scoring 2 goals

Anyway there's no chance Shelvey isn't playing on Wed if he's fit

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Is it?  It's quite rare for bottom half sides to win a game by 3 or more goals. Espeically as nearly all of our games have been close battles

Anyway, Palce will be a lot more trickier than they have been in recent seasons, especially with Gallagher coming back in

In the context of the form that we’ve been in, I thought it was quite surprising. 

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

In the context of the form that we’ve been in, I thought it was quite surprising. 

Gotta score more than two goals to win by more than two. We've scored 3 twice [once if you discount the Brentford game] We're in form but not that kind of form.