Your favourite ever Newcastle United match

joeyt

6 hours ago, TheGuv said:

I’ll go a little left field as so many have already been chosen.

4-1 away to Spurs under Keegan in 08 was terrific. It felt like the good times were coming back.

Even the 2-0 derby win over Sunderland in 08, was possibly the easiest derby win I’ve ever seen. The atmosphere was amazing.

I was in my old season ticket seat in the gallowgate for that derby win, Owen’s header was beautiful, many in the gallowgate had been booing him prior to the goal[emoji38]

5-0 vs Man U. The revenge factor counted in after the embarrassment of that charity shield loss. That Albert goal. Their whole team looking lost and confused. Proper Cartman drinking tears moment. 

5 minutes ago, HawK said:

5-0 vs Man U. The revenge factor counted in after the embarrassment of that charity shield loss. That Albert goal. Their whole team looking lost and confused. Proper Cartman drinking tears moment. 

If we ever have a favourite ever Newcastle United attempted murder thread, I nominate Batty choking Butt

My best game I went to we got hammered …

Liverpool away in the Fa cup , think it was a Friday night live on telly , we were a second division team but we had around 12,000 there and the atmosphere was incredible, I will never forget the chant “ we’ll be back again next year”

and we were .

the Barca 4-2 was an incredible night too 

Rotherham away in the old old second division was class. , limbs 

the Arsenal FA CUP final was my first Wembley visit and the atmosphere was incredible first half .

19 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Some not mentioned yet

Sheff wed 8-0

Barnsley 3-0 when Brighton cocked up the title

bruges away

juve 1-0

The Sheff Wed was amazing, it was that "we're back!!" Feeling. Other favourites of mine already mentioned we're the 3-2 Barca, going 3 up with a Tino hattrick against what was the best side in the world at the time was mind blowing, then the 5-0 Man u game, it really made everyone stand up and notice.

Hard to pick out best I have been at. But for pure ‘feels’: the two FA Cup semis (we won); Barcelona at home; ‘the’ Man Utd game (felt like such sweet revenge). Keegan’s first game as a player, and Rob Lee’s hatrick of  headers in Antwerp (plus loved his header at losing FA Cup semi vs Chelsea) are all precious/wonderful life experiences.