Norwich City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 23/4/2022 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

LRD

I think this is a free hit and we should change the team. Miggy has to play, because it's borderline whether we should keep him. Krafth is going that way too due to huge improvement under Howe. I'd rest ASM and play Murphy. Give Wilson some minutes if he's ready. Play Longstaff instead of Joelinton or Shelvey who both look knackered. While I'm saying "changes", I don't want to see anyone already destined to leave the club in the summer. Being safe means focusing now on next season, not hitting the beach or dabbling in sentimental send-offs for players who've been here too long already.

The main one is to have a proper go with full strength at Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal, and see where we really are. I think we are already Top 8 , but our form from Jan 1 suggests we could be snapping at the Top 4/5. A team challenging for Top 4/5 needs to target much better players in the summer than one simply seeking to consolidate the Top 6-8 form we have already been achieving.

Btw, this is from before last night's game, but shows where the points we have have come from. Our most recent games against the Top 6 are should have beaten Man U, matched Chelsea and denied a stonewaller, and the off-day against Spurs, so 1 point from 9 games isn't quite the full picture.

Norwich are dogshit, but that annoying gimp Pukki will definitely score, so we'll need at least 2 goals. Probably rest a few for this, see if the likes of Longstaff can impose himself on the game. Have to be thinking of the summer now, and who really deserves to be here.

Guest HTT II

I’d be disappointed if we didn’t beat these like, we should be going all out to win this and cement safety once and for all which another 3 points would! 

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’d be disappointed if we didn’t beat these like, we should be going all out to win this and cement safety once and for all which another 3 points would! 

Yep totally agree, Howe should be approaching this as “one last push guys” 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

Yep totally agree, Howe should be approaching this as “one last push guys” 

Aye, they are so poor as well, even a draw I’d be disappointed with. 

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Play the strongest line up possible  and go to put these fuckers back where they belong in the Champo.

Think there might be a scenario where bringing fresh legs in is our "strongest" line up.

Really feel like Gayle would add something for this game.

Yeah I'd definitely bring Longstaff in, probably for Joe. Lad's got it all to play for now so hopefully he can perform. Murphy and Manquillo too, I would say; give Maxi and Targett rests. 

Dubravka 

Krafth       Schar      Burn      Manquillo

Longstaff   Shelvey    Willock

Almiron                                     Murphy

Wood

Not Gayle. Would still ideally like to win the game if possible. :lol:

I want to keep Bruno in for the greedy reason of just wanting to watch him again. :lol: I know he probably needs some R&R but he will be the best player on the pitch by a few lightyears again. Especially against this lot. Want us to well and truly beat someone and given the 3 games after this I don't see why we can't try and do that against these. 0-3.

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah I'd definitely bring Longstaff in, probably for Joe. Lad's got it all to play for now so hopefully he can perform. Murphy and Manquillo too, I would say; give Maxi and Targett rests. 

Dubravka 

Krafth       Schar      Burn      Manquillo

Longstaff   Shelvey    Willock

Almiron                                     Murphy

Wood

Not Gayle. Would still ideally like to win the game if possible. :lol:

I'm not sure, we are unlikely to get much from the following 3 games.  Eddie will know their energy levels.  If theya re ok, I would change Maxi for Willock and thats about it.

Hopefully we get at least a point here, because while I'm sure we could pick up a point from the next 3 very tough games, we will be clear underdogs in them all, especially the title challengers, so it would be a bit of a downer to head into the Burnley match potentially on the back of 4 straight defeats.

I'll go for 1-1.

Edited by Paullow

16 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

Norwich are dogshit, but that annoying gimp Pukki will definitely score, so we'll need at least 2 goals. Probably rest a few for this, see if the likes of Longstaff can impose himself on the game. Have to be thinking of the summer now, and who really deserves to be here.

Pukki is a pain in the arse. I'd have him on the squad though here for the last bit.

Can definitely go for a bit of tinkering with this for starters. Three games in less than a week, was a feeling it caught up with us a bit at Everton.

Can't figure out where they'll be regarding this, pressure on or pressure off, think we could really boss it if they feel they need a win with organisation, countering and sh1thousing.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Doubt he’ll make any changes unless anyone is really struggling.  He’ll be totally focussed on highest possible points tally. Genuinely hope we thump them, it is due and the positive atmosphere at the mo must be addictive for the players. 

On 21/04/2022 at 07:13, Stottie said:

A team challenging for Top 4/5 needs to target much better players in the summer than one simply seeking to consolidate the Top 6-8 form we have already been achieving.

I'll be happy consolidating 8th, after this season.