Newcastle United vs Liverpool, Saturday 30/4/2022 @ 12:30 (BT)

LRD

On 24/04/2022 at 16:16, The Prophet said:

The PL will be absolutely gagging to keep the title race going until the last day of the season.

Yeah, my main fear is us being up against twelve or thirteen, not just the eleven of Liverpool. The ironic one is that Liverpool were one of the major drivers behind the European Super League and clearly have their sights above the Premier League as a fair competition. Neutrals should never forget this.

Guest reefatoon
23 hours ago, RS said:

Liverpool are for too good. I’ll take them for a 0-3 victory. 

The juggernaut that is Newcastle United has no time for the meek anymore and their fanny blart predictions. You need to get onboard or you’ll be left stranded on the platform of despair.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

The juggernaut that is Newcastle United has no time for the meek anymore and their fanny blart predictions. You need to get onboard or you’ll be left stranded on the platform of despair.

Ah fuck it then,  1-3

Of the teams with nothing to play for, Newcastle away is probably the one you’d least fancy at the moment like. Remember when Man U were on the back of the treble and on their way to walk the league again in 99/00, we were in a similar place to that season, we tanked them 3-0. 

Liverpool will still win easy but they’ll not like this. The fact Klopp is whinging so much proves it. The NUFC of 7 months ago I doubt he’d have made much of the kick-off time.

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

😂 really made me chuckle.  “Fanny blart…” 😂 

3 hours ago, Stottie said:

Yeah, my main fear is us being up against twelve or thirteen, not just the eleven of Liverpool. The ironic one is that Liverpool were one of the major drivers behind the European Super League and clearly have their sights above the Premier League as a fair competition. Neutrals should never forget this.

It's yankee cunts doing that, not scousers.

40 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The two weaknesses that Liverpool seem to be susceptible too are the big diagonal and wide men running off the full backs. Keeping them out is a different matter, they have so much quality, particularly out wide.

I think Miggy and ASM could really test them with their pace. I’d keep Wood on the bench and go with Miggy, Murphy and ASM, imo.

Wood is going to win fuck all with long balls up to him.

We definitely have a chance to hurt them. In between CL games, Everton managed to contain them a bit and no one wants to come to SJP currently. However they have ridiculous squad depth and on current form I'm not entirely sure I've seen a better football team bar peak Barcelona. 

3 minutes ago, sixx said:

We definitely have a chance to hurt them. In between CL games, Everton managed to contain them a bit and no one wants to come to SJP currently. However they have ridiculous squad depth and on current form I'm not entirely sure I've seen a better football team bar peak Barcelona. 

SJP is a difficult place to come for any team and outside their first 11 they've struggled a few times this season. I think we'll hold our own, maybe even nick a goal against a weakened side but Klopp will bring on reinforcements in the second half and we'll lose comfortably in the end. There's a chance, a slim chance, if they have an off day and we get everything right we can take something from this. Gut tells me we don't.

On 23/04/2022 at 16:55, GWN said:

1-0

Why not 

Yes, 1-0 to us would be great!

One of my best St James' Park memories comes from a very hard fought 1-0 home win against Liverpool. They were a top side that year, as usual, and the game ebbed and flowed all through the 90 minutes.

That match is still (in my memory) the match where I was most "exhausted" at the end of it, out of all the hundreds of matches I've been to, and I had almost totally lost my voice by the end with all the shouting.

The match was ending with a fantastic 0-0 scoreline (it CAN be like that) then a long ball and a very precise long ball not just a punt up the field, went the full length of the pitch, arriving at the feet of Fairs Cup Winner, the young Alan Foggon, and he trapped it and turned and powered it past the keeper in one movement.

The place erupted, and it is all still as fresh in my memory today as it was then . . . on 11th October 1969 !!!

So, it would be great to get an equally exciting 1-0 win over Liverpool on this Saturday, and I think we may well do that!

In the next home programme (Chelsea on 25th October) you can see the result of that very match, see photo . . . 

1_-_0_Home_Win_v_Liverpool_-_FOGGON_on.J  

Edited by manorpark

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I think Miggy and ASM could really test them with their pace. I’d keep Wood on the bench and go with Miggy, Murphy and ASM, imo.

Wood is going to win fuck all with long balls up to him.

Aye, i think pace and trickery against their defence is the way to go. ASM free role up front as Van dyck would lick up any of Chris woods argy bargy...

Miggy---ASM----Murphy with The two joes and bruno nehind them

29 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Yes, 1-0 to us would be great!

One of my best St James' Park memories comes from a very hard fought 1-0 home win against Liverpool. They were a top side that year, as usual, and the game ebbed and flowed all through the 90 minutes.

That match is still (in my memory) the match where I was most "exhausted" at the end of it, out of all the hundreds of matches I've been to, and I had almost totally lost my voice by the end with all the shouting.

The match was ending with a fantastic 0-0 scoreline (it CAN be like that) then a long ball and a very precise long ball not just a punt up the field, went the full length of the pitch, arriving at the feet of Fairs Cup Winner, the young Alan Foggon, and he trapped it and turned and powered it past the keeper in one movement.

The place erupted, and it is all still as fresh in my memory today as it was then . . . on 11th October 1969 !!!

So, it would be great to get an equally exciting 1-0 win over Liverpool on this Saturday, and I think we may well do that!

In the next home programme (Chelsea on 25th October) you can see the result of that very match, see photo . . . 

1_-_0_Home_Win_v_Liverpool_-_FOGGON_on.J  

Even back then, sunderland at the bottom.

Strongest team in the league, holding everyone up. 😁