Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 8/5/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

4 hours ago, GWN said:

not for me but I would gladly lose to Burnley for Everton to go down 

Gone are the days when I'm wanting us to lose to do some other club a favour.

If we wanted a chance to get something from this fixture, this is it. They will be no where near their normal level as they'll be completely deflated. You don't get over defeats like this quickly.

Gonna be strange to play these and not feel the only option is to have all our players 30 yards from our own goal because we are so massively inferior. 

Obviously still probably get beat like, but even so.

Hate this fixture. Out last results against them (away) in the league:

3-1

4-0

4-0

5-0

6-1

3-1

2-1

5-0

2-0

Horrendous, and pretty pointless.  Mind, it's not just since they came into money, because we've not won there in the league since 1984, 20 matches ago I think.

We're 20/1 at Bet365 if anyone fancies a punt, if they think tonight may affect it slightly in our favour.

4 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Hate this fixture. Out last results against them (away) in the league:

3-1

4-0

4-0

5-0

6-1

3-1

2-1

5-0

2-0

Horrendous, and pretty pointless.  Mind, it's not just since they came into money, because we've not won there in the league since 1984, 20 matches ago I think.

We're 20/1 at Bet365 if anyone fancies a punt, if they think tonight may affect it slightly in our favour.

Beat them 1-0 with a Shearer header in 2000.

2 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Beat them 1-0 with a Shearer header in 2000.

Aye, but apart from that one. I'll blame the awful 11vs11 site :lol:.

We did actually get a fair few draws down there pre takeover, but it's always been a tough place for us, and I remember Goater banging a few in. A little bit like the Dell.

52 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think they’ll be the opposite to feeling sorry for themselves and absolutely annihilate us now. 

I agree in the sense that the league is up for grabs at home City need 3 pts, kill these fuckers they will be very ready to do.

This lot are creme of the world. If we get anything I'll kneel down in complete admiration. Howe should be sainted. Then maybe knighted.