Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 8/5/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

My mate has just made me lol by saying City clearly need to sign that guy who looks like Todd who shot that kid in Breaking Bad. Not an exact match, but instantly knew he meant Haaland. :lol:

Guest HTT II

We will either get hammered or a narrow defeat, but comprehensively outplayed ala LFC.

Unfortunately, even if they turn up tired and a bit dispirited, they still have enough to beat us comfortably. It's very difficult to get the ball and retain it against them. They strangle the opposition.

4 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Unfortunately, even if they turn up tired and a bit dispirited, they still have enough to beat us comfortably. It's very difficult to get the ball and retain it against them. They strangle the opposition.

I know it's likely the case, but upsets happen. We limited Liverpool to 1 goal when they've been smashing goals in for fun against far better sides on paper. I fancy us more than ever to have a chance here, even though it's still highly unlikely. Fuck it, dare to dream again.

If they don’t beat us they may well have thrown their season away in back to back games, you have to wonder if what happened last night has shook the mentality of a few of their players. 

Still think they will beat us mind, as long as it isn’t embarrassing I’m okay with that.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Is this a parody account?

Do you mean me or them [emoji38]

Nearly 200k followers on twitter so possibly legit. Them not I 

I hope we don't end up being this arrogant/deluded but I fear the worst.

Would love us to turn these lot over for many reasons but low down on this list is to see where some sections of the media will turn when it comes to praising Howe. Some have used our January spend as a dig but they can't exactly use that as a stick to beat us with against Man City!!

3 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Do you mean me or them [emoji38]

Nearly 200k followers on twitter so possibly legit. Them not I 

I hope we don't end up being this arrogant/deluded but I fear the worst.

Some of our fans are already calling for a 4th placed finish next year, we are defo going down the same road [emoji38]

They've never played a minute together thus far have they? I think Trippier came off vs Everton just before Bruno came on, possibly for each other, and then Trippier obviously injured just after half time vs Villa with Bruno still on the bench.

We beat City under Rafa with arguably a worse squad in 2019 - so I'm all for it happening again under Howe please. Would be so incredibly satisfying. :smug:

Of course it's massively unlikely, if anything City may dig deep and smash us to make up for the Madrid game. I just have this weird feeling we are a tricky side to beat now and maybe, just maybe, the pressure and fatigue from the Madrid game may make an upset happen. I've stuck some money on it so its clearly now dead cert to not happen, obvs.