Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 8/5/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I'd prefer City to win the league but I'd much prefer us to win and play a decisive part in where the title goes.

A draw is do-able, with a touch of luck.

Prevent a cricket score and let's go and beat Arsenal in what will be a cracker at SJP under the lights.

Not ashamed to admit I don’t mind City winning this one, really don’t want Liverpool winning the league . Same goes for Burnley last game of the season if it means Everton go down.

5 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Not ashamed to admit I don’t mind City winning this one, really don’t want Liverpool winning the league . Same goes for Burnley last game of the season if it means Everton go down.

Awful attitude 

6 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Urgh

25 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye I’m fully expecting a massacre here but safe in the knowledge we’re still on the way up.

I would be surprised with a 'massacre', that doesn't fit with our current plans - even if it is Man City!

I think we could well lose though, sadly.

With the second best coach ever to grace the premiership we should be able to create a little bit of resistance against the cream of Europe. 

:carverlick:

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Found the highlights of the 0-1 in 2004 there. Atmosphere was hot and full house. Really hope our fans don’t take any potential upturn for granted like a chunk of their fans have.

Just watched this after you posted about it.

What an atmosphere from City. It seems a different club. Football seemed very different then, and yet it doesn’t feel that long ago.

Keegan v SBR in the dugout though :love:

I wonder if City had gone down, whether they’d ever have been taken over in 2008. Possibly not…

I wonder how KK is viewed by City fans. Perhaps how we view Hughton?

3 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Just watched this after you posted about it.

What an atmosphere from City. It seems a different club. Football seemed very different then, and yet it doesn’t feel that long ago.

Keegan v SBR in the dugout though :love:

I wonder if City had gone down, whether they’d ever have been taken over in 2008. Possibly not…

I wonder how KK is viewed by City fans. Perhaps how we view Hughton?

He’s generally loved by most. Had them playing in a very KK way when in the Championship - scored a hell of a lot of goals with a really attacking team (Goatee, Dickov, SWP)

Written piece and documentary below for a recent view.

https://www.mancity.com/features/theKeeganYears/

8 hours ago, 54 said:

How? :lol: 

:icon_puke_r:

Any idea what the City lineup was that day. Remember watching it as well. Toon fans doing the Poznan. Remember Aarons had burst on the scene and was very good this match too looked like we'd found a gem. Amazing how shit his career turned out

3 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

:icon_puke_r:

Any idea what the City lineup was that day. Remember watching it as well. Toon fans doing the Poznan. Remember Aarons had burst on the scene and was very good this match too looked like we'd found a gem. Amazing how shit his career turned out

Was fairly strong from memory. Think Aguero came on fairly late. Definitely stronger than Abeid & Obertan put it that way!