Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

Option 1 but, unfair to say I am not bothered.  

I am very lucky to to have had a season ticket for >20 years throw it in when Rafa left and spent 2 years not missing it one bit but, for some reason decided to get it back at the start of this current season.  I even was able to get the same 3 seats together (me, my dad and my son) that we had previously had.....

My reasoning to get my seats back this year was that I just had a feeling that was hard to explain that something was going to happen but, even if it didn't it would only be one year.  The season start made me question my decision but, now I am so relieved I cannot explain. 

Good luck to the lads on here who are going to try to get their ticket out for the coming season!!

Unfortunately I'm the first one to be a bandwagon jumper for option 3.

In my defence I'm from the other end of the country and am about to start a job that will finally leave me with the disposable income to allow me to make the trip up often enough to justify it for the first time ever. Unfortunately it coincides with what will be the largest demand for a season ticket in my adult life. :lol:

1 hour ago, wormy said:

Unfortunately I'm the first one to be a bandwagon jumper for option 3.

In my defence I'm from the other end of the country and am about to start a job that will finally leave me with the disposable income to allow me to make the trip up often enough to justify it for the first time ever. Unfortunately it coincides with what will be the largest demand for a season ticket in my adult life. :lol:

No defence necessary. There’s no hierarchy of fans with some more deserving of a ST than others. Some would have you believe there is but it’s bollocks. 

7 minutes ago, Thorpinho said:

Looking to get season ticket back after years of not having one. Echo the comments about stress and anxiety over it! 

Same, final season for me was the survival on the final day V West Ham. Wasn't buying Ashley's bullshit pre-match that day at all. Second half of that season was just dreadful stuff. 

I'm less anxious and more just resigned to not being able to get one, at least not till the ground is extended. Will try, but after renewals wouldn't be shocked if there are few than 1000 for general sale. 

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Same, final season for me was the survival on the final day V West Ham. Wasn't buying Ashley's bullshit pre-match that day at all. Second half of that season was just dreadful stuff. 

I'm less anxious and more just resigned to not being able to get one, at least not till the ground is extended. Will try, but after renewals wouldn't be shocked if there are few than 1000 for general sale. 

Ashley gave away 10,000 half season tickets in 19-20. How many would have been kept on going into this season? Not many I imagine.

How many ST holders do we think there are? 25-30,000?

I’d expect 10-15,000 being available 

To play devil’s advocate a little bit - if you’re hoping to get a season ticket for next year, would you rather:

a) they put as many as possible on general sale, in the hope you get one despite the demand, but knowing if you don’t there’s going to be very limited individual match ticket sales, and as a result you’ll probably struggle to get to any games

or

b) limit the amount of ST’s they put on general sale so there’s still a good number of individual match ticket sales, which means if you miss out on a ST, there’s still a pretty reasonable chance you’ll be able to get to a few matches

Guess most would answer a) and take the risk, but it’s an interesting point.

Just now, SteV said:

To play devil’s advocate a little bit - if you’re hoping to get a season ticket for next year, would you rather:

a) they put as many as possible on general sale, in the hope you get one despite the demand, but knowing if you don’t there’s going to be very limited individual match ticket sales, and as a result you’ll probably struggle to get to any games

or

b) limit the amount of ST’s they put on general sale so there’s still a good number of individual match ticket sales, which means if you miss out on a ST, there’s still a pretty reasonable chance you’ll be able to get to a few matches

Guess most would answer a) and take the risk, but it’s an interesting point.

If I had to pick I would obviously pick A, if they made as many as possible available I imagine it would just about satisfy the demand there is going to be. But given this season individual tickets have barely been making it past the member sale before selling out there is no reason for them to do that. I think realistically it's going to be hidden option C, somewhere in between. 

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

If I had to pick I would obviously pick A, if they made as many as possible available I imagine it would just about satisfy the demand there is going to be. But given this season individual tickets have barely been making it past the member sale before selling out there is no reason for them to do that. I think realistically it's going to be hidden option C, somewhere in between. 

I think if they went with option b) they’d have to change something around ST holder/member priority, so a larger number did actually reach general sale.

Aim to get mine back. My old seat next to my dad, since I didn't renew in 2019 due to moving to uni, the price hike, Benitez leaving and Bruce replacing him, has not been bought by anyone since. 

This season I've been buying my old seat for the games I've been able to get to, which has been all of them but Norwich, Everton and Wolves. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Not sure if this is true but I've heard that the only season tickets going on sale for next season are any that aren't renewed by current ST holders so that more tickets are available to members on a match by match basis. Apparently there is currently approx 32,000 season ticket holders.

This is in line with what some other PL clubs who sell out every week do.

Liverpool, 27,000 ST Holders (54,000 capacity)

Chelsea 25,000 ST holders (41,000)

Man Utd 55,000 ST holders (74,000)

I’m sure when the ground was first expanded we had around 40000 season ticket holders which was the largest in the country at the time. I would say that’s a reasonable number to also allow for match by match sales.

Edited by Whitley mag

28 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’m sure when the ground was first expanded we had around 40000 season ticket holders which was the largest in the country at the time. I would say that’s a reasonable number to also allow for match by match sales.

Didn't we not have 45K at one points under SBR? 4K general sale and 3K away fans?

Edited by Paully

47 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Not sure if this is true but I've heard that the only season tickets going on sale for next season are any that aren't renewed by current ST holders so that more tickets are available to members on a match by match basis.

Need to make memberships on par with the season ticket holders when it comes to ticket priority. 

It's pretty pointless being a member if tickets are selling out or the majority are being sold when they go on sale to season ticket holders.