Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

I think for most fans, Leazes Park would be the most desirable option if we were to move to a new site. 

I did some volunteering through work at Leazes Park a few years ago and even then they said they couldn’t keep on top of everything due to a lack of staff and funding. I imagine this is much worse now.

What if NUFC offered to landscape the current SJP site to build a new stadium on Leazes Park. Part of the deal could be to include a full top class facelift of the whole park and pay for staff to fully maintain it. Would be relatively low cost for us and the public would have a far nicer green area and better facilities in the city. 

Edited by Vedder

10 minutes ago, Vedder said:

I think for most fans, Leazes Park would be the most desirable option if we were to move to a new site. 

I did some volunteering through work at Leazes Park a few years ago and even then they said they couldn’t keep on top of everything due to a lack of staff and funding. I imagine this is much worse now.

What if NUFC offered to landscape the current SJP site to build a new stadium on Leazes Park. Part of the deal could be to include a full top class facelift of the whole park and pay for staff to fully maintain it. Would be relatively low cost for us and the public would have a far nicer green area and better facilities in the city. 

Yeah this is the best option with a sort of Wembley way going through the park leading up to the new stadium. Leazes Terrace opened up overlooking the park, it’s a no brainer unfortunately the nimbys and swampy’s of this world will come crawling out the wood work with petitions, despite never have been in the park in their life’s.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Yeah this is the best option with a sort of Wembley way going through the park leading up to the new stadium. Leazes Terrace opened up overlooking the park, it’s a no brainer unfortunately the nimbys and swampy’s of this world will come crawling out the wood work with petitions, despite never have been in the park in their life’s.

Agree, plus they forget Leazes Park is a man made construct. It’s not like it’s some area of natural beauty. It could and should be better than what is it: 

Would be ideal that and a good idea I think.

I feel almost guilty at the minute having my season ticket, as I don't live in the area I won't get to every game, with some events I've got going on this year and next I reckon I'll probably get to just over 50% of home games, but I've renewed so that I can still have my seat, can hopefully get to some away games and be able to get a Wembley ticket if we get there, in regards to what I get for my money its not worth it on the surface but I couldn't face not having one.

I dunno, probably won't make me very popular with those who couldn't get one and would go every week but it's one of those, I see it, with not living in the area I don't know any other fans I could lend it to either so its not ideal

50 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Obviously a smaller scale, but would be good if we could also let season ticket holders sell tickets on an individual basis.

Didn't the club used to do that? Before Ashley that is.

7 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Interesting tactic from the club to only sell 6,000 tickets and leave 8,000 seats empty for the Forest game.

Was thinking similar. Off his numbers 6k tickets on sale on Tuesday plus 3k away fans that would mean there's 43k season ticket holders, which there just isn't.

15 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Was thinking similar. Off his numbers 6k tickets on sale on Tuesday plus 3k away fans that would mean there's 43k season ticket holders, which there just isn't.

Someone in the replies says it’s Premier league rules that 2-3k have to go on general sale. Don’t know if that’s true 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Someone in the replies says it’s Premier league rules that 2-3k have to go on general sale. Don’t know if that’s true 

It wasn't last season I don't think.

3 hours ago, gdm said:

There is a PL rule about a certain % of ground capacity (can’t remember the number, but let’s go with 5, although could be 10) having to be available on a match-by-match basis.

I think the confusion comes because that isn’t really general sale (as we would take ‘general sale’ to mean in terms of NUFC). It’s covered by Members sale.

It’s basically a rule to stop any club selling their entire ground out to ST holders.

*and Alex Hurst is either terrible at maths or just talking total shite.

Edited by SteV

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

*and Alex Hurst is either terrible at maths or just talking total shite.

Probably both, honestly toss up who is the worst between him and Wraith, pisses me off that outside parties and the media see these two fuckers as the 'face' of Newcastle fans

5 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Interesting tactic from the club to only sell 6,000 tickets and leave 8,000 seats empty for the Forest game.

The hairy tory fucker is talking shite there like. No way is there only 6k on sale after selling only 1k more STs this summer.

On 09/07/2022 at 21:39, gdm said:

That would include those bought on members sale though. It was a percentage of tickets that had to be made available each game. Don't know if the rule still exists.

On 09/07/2022 at 21:47, Sima said:

ST holders being allowed to get extra tickets can fuck clean off.

Been arguing this on here for ages. It's the primary message we need to get through to the club IMO. Frankly couldn't care less if it pisses off ST holders, if they don't like it, don't renew.

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

Been arguing this on here for ages. It's the primary message we need to get through to the club IMO. Frankly couldn't care less if it pisses off ST holders, if they don't like it, don't renew.

Don’t understand the rage? It’s not as if they are buying it for any other person other than to go to friend/family who is a supporter which is what we all want at the end of the day. They are getting no priority over members (which anyone could’ve bought) and have paid for a membership with their season ticket price.

What’s the issue?

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Don’t understand the rage? It’s not as if they are buying it for any other person other than to go to friend/family who is a supporter which is what we all want at the end of the day. They are getting no priority over members (which anyone could’ve bought) and have paid for a membership with their season ticket price.

What’s the issue?

On top of which season ticket holders pay extra for the membership- it is added to the price of the ticket. I would happily give it back for the money given that I get basically no benefit from it.0

oh, just noticed you made this point too!

Edited by Hovagod

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

What’s the issue?

It’s not rage. I can’t be bothered to explain TBH as the added privilege at a time when tickets are very scarce is obvious. 

4 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

On top of which season ticket holders pay extra for the membership- it is added to the price of the ticket. I would happily give it back for the money given that I get basically no benefit from it.0

oh, just noticed you made this point too!

Ugh, there’s such an easy fix to this man. I’m not having a go at ST holders, the club need to change the rules and if that means lowering the price of ST’s so be it.