Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

i really feels for the guys who jacked in their tickets in after rafa left. i only just kept mine after the bairns pleaded on the last day before renewals.

there's going to be disappointment whichever way they do it.

i'm sure the club will be aware, or have been made aware by NUST, and even Worflags, that thousands had left out of protest after years/decades of support.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s just bad luck isn’t it? Nobody knew when the takeover was going to happen. Some people even kept their season tickets but stopped going, insuring themselves against the situation we’re in now. They got lucky, the people who decided not to buy a ticket because they hated Ashley got unlucky. 

It’s a really difficult situation because loads of people will be disappointed however you do it. 

FWIW I would be massively annoyed if NUST and NUFC cut a deal to favour a particular group of supporters over any other. 

On a personal level, I could have bought a season ticket under Ashley but I didn’t. I consider that just as much of a protest as giving one up. Or at least almost as much. 

yeah i really hope there's no "favours for mates" that jacked their tickets in.

Think the easiest (and possibly least controversial) thing to do would be to prioritise members without STs from this season, starting with those that have made the most purchases home/away.

Even though I'd benefit either way, I don't think using historical data is ever going to be accepted by enough/easy enough to do.

Truth is, if you were that arsed about going and able to go, you bought a membership and were at every game since the takeover this season.

Got a funny feeling it's going to be a free for all. I think they may make some sort of noise about want to prioritise ex season ticket holders, but that site they have is going to fall over as it is. If they start trying to do fancy stuff like going off of peoples supporter numbers it's going to explode.

I don't know what I would prefer they do. As someone who packed in going to games after the John Carver/survival on the final day debacle I doubt I would qualify as someone recently stopped going. Me and my dad are going to try, but with me working Mon-Fri 9-5pm we're likely relying on him navigating that site as it constantly crashes/queue people, bless him. 

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

Think the easiest (and possibly least controversial) thing to do would be to prioritise members without STs from this season, starting with those that have made the most purchases home/away.

Even though I'd benefit either way, I don't think using historical data is ever going to be accepted by enough/easy enough to do.

Truth is, if you were that arsed about going and able to go, you bought a membership and were at every game since the takeover this season.

I've been to most home games since the takeover but buy tickets before general release by using a pal's ST priority rather than a membership.

Am sure there are loads of other people like me too.

If they prioritise members then I'd be excluded even though I rarely miss a game.

I can't see any other fair solution apart from general sale or even a ballot. It'll be carnage but at least it's a reasonably level playing field.

Edited by bobbydazzla

A ballot is the fairest but I don’t know how it would be done for friends and family who want to sit together. Maybe you can form groups of 2. 

Otherwise they need really innovative solutions like allowing someone to go for 5 games and someone else for the next 5. Stopping season ticket holders from buying extra tickets etc. 

Suspect they’ll just go for general sale because it’s the easiest. 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

No but you can still fairly give them priority? It’s not as if the people who replaced them are getting their STs removed. Any sensible business would look to do something similar to get old customers/fans to return.

Otherwise you are basically saying past ST holders are not more important as people who’ve never bothered to have a ST at any point and don’t hold one now 🙂

They could probably offer them all back to those who quit (8-10k) and still have some left over for general sale for those showing interest for the first time since the takeover etc.

I’d be interested to hear your justifications for past ST holders being ‘more important’ than those who’ve never held one.

Ranking the value of supporters is fucking hokum. How about a season ticket for the supporter who bought the most sports direct mugs? Most spent on pies inside the ground?

Disclaimer: I’ve never had a ST but would dearly love an equal opportunity to get ahold of one.

2 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

I’d be interested to hear your justifications for past ST holders being ‘more important’ than those who’ve never held one.

Ranking the value of supporters is fucking hokum. How about a season ticket for the supporter who bought the most sports direct mugs? Most spent on pies inside the ground?

Disclaimer: I’ve never had a ST but would dearly love an equal opportunity to get ahold of one.

It’s a very easy justification. Someone has owned something and gave it up compared to someone who has never owned something and therefore has not given something up or had in the first place 🙂 Club decides we’ve something to sell to our customer base. So they go to their past customer base.

Your second paragraph is silly.

You will get a fair opportunity to get a hold of one with others who’ve never had one before if you’ve read what I’ve said so an equal opportunity. Just from a smaller pool. And if you are unlucky you’ll have an equally fair opportunity to get tickets match by match.

19 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

A ballot is the fairest but I don’t know how it would be done for friends and family who want to sit together. Maybe you can form groups of 2. 

Otherwise they need really innovative solutions like allowing someone to go for 5 games and someone else for the next 5. Stopping season ticket holders from buying extra tickets etc. 

Suspect they’ll just go for general sale because it’s the easiest. 

How it worked with the Cricket and Rugby World Cups was that you applied for how many tickets you wanted (up to a certain limit, can't remember what it was) and which price bands you were willing to accept.

Just now, Keegans Export said:

How it worked with the Cricket and Rugby World Cups was that you applied for how many tickets you wanted (up to a certain limit, can't remember what it was) and which price bands you were willing to accept.

Yeah, same with Wimbledon. 

8 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, same with Wimbledon. 

Am I right in thinking you would only have the ticket for one year? So a ballot takes place each season?

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Am I right in thinking you would only have the ticket for one year? So a ballot takes place each season?

Yeah not sure, renewals are a whole other story. You could even argue that everyone only gets one season. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah not sure, renewals are a whole other story. You could even argue that everyone only gets one season. 

It would a different approach for sure but as we all know football is a journey you get invested in. Maybe do a small proportion of them that way alongside the match to match allocation. Wouldn’t work well for the full 10k.

@AyeDubbleYoo is right about finding creative solutions.

Is the fairest solution not to issue anymore season tickets that create a situation that's all or nothing? I wonder if they could do something similar to the London Olympics where you say bid for 5-10 games (max group of two or three people) before the season starts and are assigned random games throughout the season?

This would allow more people to attend, plan their travels before the season starts and allows the club to collect their money upfront.

The fairest solution is no new season tickets until supply can keep up with demand (ie stadium expansion).

Tbh I think anyone who really wants one will get one. It may not be in the ideal seat etc but for every game this season as long as you’ve been online at 9.55 and got in the queue, there’s been no issue with getting them. Got to remember there’s quite a significant number of people who are happy to part with £50 for Liverpool at home but not so keen to part with the thick end of £700 or £800

17 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

That wouldn't work. Never happened in the past and doesn't happen at any other club. First come first served is the fairest method and lacks any loose ends.

Well, it would be doable, but it has downsides as well. 

Really the only way to solve this satisfactorily is to get a 75-80k stadium. 50k season tickets and a few left over. 

7 minutes ago, macphisto said:

@AyeDubbleYoo is right about finding creative solutions.

Is the fairest solution not to issue anymore season tickets that create a situation that's all or nothing? I wonder if they could do something similar to the London Olympics where you say bid for 5-10 games (max group of two or three people) before the season starts and are assigned random games throughout the season?

This would allow more people to attend, plan their travels before the season starts and allows the club to collect their money upfront.

Not really feasible given the amount fixtures get shunted about (if pre-planning would be the main reason for doing this).

First come first served with a generous allowance set aside for game by game sales is the best option imo.

Prioritising one supporter for a season ticket above another should be a non-starter.

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

The fairest solution is no new season tickets until supply can keep up with demand (ie stadium expansion).

Tbh I think anyone who really wants one will get one. It may not be in the ideal seat etc but for every game this season as long as you’ve been online at 9.55 and got in the queue, there’s been no issue with getting them. Got to remember there’s quite a significant number of people who are happy to part with £50 for Liverpool at home but not so keen to part with the thick end of £700 or £800

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking too. I remember when they shifted fans during the expansion to 52,000, one of the attendant assumptions was that it would be bad news for all those that had been on the waiting list since the nineties. In the end, the club pretty comfortably accommodated everybody. Think it will be a similar story this time.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Not really feasible given the amount fixtures get shunted about (if pre-planning would be the main reason for doing this).

Very good point but that wouldn't be the main reason as it applies to all scenarios. The main reason for my suggestion is that it doesn't make sense to have a situation where people either see all of our home matches or none at all, best to spread it around where people can attend between 5-10 matches. 

5 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Very good point but that wouldn't be the main reason as it applies to all scenarios. The main reason for my suggestion is that it doesn't make sense to have a situation where people either see all of our home matches or none at all, best to spread it around where people can attend between 5-10 matches. 

Would people that are happy with 5 matches a year be happy if those 5 were Brentford, Bournemouth, Fulham, Palace and Wolves?

Maybe. Suppose that would be the chance you take.

Although tbh, I very much doubt the club will go for anything this innovative/convoluted. Not yet anyway. Whichever way they go it’s likely to be fairly straightforward.

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Would people that are happy with 5 matches a year be happy if those 5 were Brentford, Bournemouth, Fulham, Palace and Wolves?

Maybe. Suppose that would be the chance you take.

Although tbh, I very much doubt the club will go for anything this innovative/convoluted. Not yet anyway. Whichever way they go it’s likely to be fairly straightforward.

I think most people would be alright with it, particularly if you were attending a match with 1 or 2 other people. Far from ideal but much better than not seeing any matches. I also suppose with those fixtures, on paper, you're more likely to see a win:)

It does sound convoluted but in practice I don't think it would be too difficult to implement.