Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

29 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Does he have a change of clothes with him he said he didn't take any checked luggage with him? Hope he's not going straight to Portugal from there. :lol:

He said in another video that he was going back home before heading to Portugal. 

Ah man! I'd never watched one of his videos before.

I didn't like the idea of him hanging around the training ground pestering players, so I was expecting to hate him. But he's actually very likeable.

In the earlier video on his way to the friendly, I just loved the roundabout route he had to take to get to the game, how he got to the airport hours before he had to and then starts commentating on Greggs and WHSmiths, before dissing the duty free prices on Baileys. And his trip to the Eiffel tower 😂

The whole thing made me laugh, so good luck to the fella, it's obviously something he loves doing.

Not to doubt the coaching staff but a seventh game feels a bit unnecessary. I get he's trying to get them into the shape of their lives in order to do the high intensity thing this season, but I hope they're not going to be actually knackered. :lol:

There’s nothing like matches for errm, match fitness. I thought a few, Burn in particular, looked knackered against 1860. Though probs just an indicator of who is working hardest. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

11 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

There’s nothing matches for errm, match fitness. I thought a few, Burn in particular, looked knackered against 1860. Though probs just an indicator of who is working hardest. 

Howe said after the game that there was fatigue in most players as they've been doing double sessions the whole week. 

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Not to doubt the coaching staff but a seventh game feels a bit unnecessary. I get he's trying to get them into the shape of their lives in order to do the high intensity thing this season, but I hope they're not going to be actually knackered. :lol:

I actually thought it seemed like quite a big gap between Mainz and Benfica (8 days) so not surprised they've put an extra game. The squad is huge atm too.

Edited by ponsaelius

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

We won’t have many going to the WC will we?   Plus the lack of European matches, we’ll play a lot less games than most we’re competing with.

Also assuming we’ll limp out of the cups as we always do :lol: 

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I'd not even class the Atalanta/Bilbao double header as 2 separate games as I don't think anyone will play decent minutes in both games. It's all about giving as many players as many minutes as possible imo and the more fixtures they arrange the more that is possible. Think they've got it just about right, fitness is the only thing that matters pre-season. 

Edited by midds
It's Bilbao, not Betis. Daft cunt

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/burnley-to-face-newcastle-test-in-lisbon-3771351

Burnley to face Newcastle test in Lisbon

Burnley will face Newcastle United – who relegated them on the final day of the Premier League season – in a behind-closed-doors friendly in Lisbon on Saturday.

Asked who Burnley would be facing in any planned friendly games in Portugal, Kompany admitted: "We play Newcastle on Saturday."