Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

23 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Wilson and Joelinton had decent efforts. Shelvey skied one under no pressure & Anderson made himself a half decent opening for a long range effort but straight at the keeper and lacked power.

Off the top of my head.

Two big chances for Wood in the first half and Murphy's fluffed effort from Krafth's cross in the second. 

We should've won really. 

It was absolutely nothing to feel overly worried about. We started with a lot of pace and intensity and looked pretty good before tiring against good opposition who played with a low block. It was hot conditions after a gruelling week, and we struggled to break them down at times. Even the winner itself was dubious and I don't think anyone would've begrudged us a draw. Most of our better players looked pretty sharp (Bruno, Botman, Schar, Joelinton particularly) whilst a few of our weaker players had stinkers (Wood, Fraser and Murphy). The rest was a bit of a mixed bag. 

Not sure where to post this but I’m really excited about the upcoming season, not just because of where we might be and how far we could go this season but there are a lot of teams doing loads of business in this window. It’s going to be really interesting to see who falls away out of the big clubs and who ends up in a relegation battle, can’t really predict it that easily other than expecting the promoted sides to struggle 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not sure where to post this but I’m really excited about the upcoming season, not just because of where we might be and how far we could go this season but there are a lot of teams doing loads of business in this window. It’s going to be really interesting to see who falls away out of the big clubs and who ends up in a relegation battle, can’t really predict it that easily other than expecting the promoted sides to struggle 

I can see LFC having a Man Utd type season and Nunez struggling despite 4 goals last night. I think WHU will have a below par season, Rodgers will get sacked. Spurs to finish 2nd and us to finish between 8-6th. Forest will start the season well then sink and go down. Lampard will get sacked and they will appoint Dyche and just stay up again.  Tuchel will get sacked too and they will appoint Poch. The mackems will go back down, oh shit we are talking about the PL here, quite a range anyway and I agree it’s going to be exciting and for once we don’t have to worry about a relegation fight!

From the same source:

Half time game I:
Newcastle XI  1  Burnley XI  0 (tbc)

A close range shot from Allan Saint-Maximin on 38 minutes divides the sides.

Team: Line-up to follow

Half time game II:
Newcastle XI  3  Burnley XI  1 (tbc)

Scorer details awaited; both sides were awarded penalties, Burnley scored theirs but Newcastle didn't.

Team: Line-ups to follow