Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

8 minutes ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

For vacations, besides Algarve of course, I would recommend the west coast, which has fantastic beaches and landscapes. The coast of Alentejo is pretty nice too, with beaches carved in the rocks, also calmer than Algarve.

Algarve is way too gentrified right now. I go there 1 week a year to have the best possible beach experience you can have here, but that's it.

In the northern part of Portugal I would recommend you to visit the Douro region, which has absolutely stunning views around the river where Porto wine is made. The north is way more green, people are nicer, food is better, compared to the south. Gerês is a fantastic natural reservoir.

If you like history, monasteries and castles, I would recommend places like Guimarães, Óbidos, Lisboa, Batalha/Alcobaça. Most of them are kind of related with British history as well as many troops fought and settled here after episodes like the Aljubarrota battle of 1385, or the French invasions.

Great post man, really appreciate it :thup:

That matches up with my experience too. As great as Tavira was, the food wasn't too good.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I was a big fan of Odeceixe and Evora. 

Oh, Évora. Yes. The chapel made of human skulls is fantastic.

I must admit that Alentejo (the eastern part of it) is my favorite part of Portugal. Endless roads in a straight line without seeing a single person, the small villages you find with few people living in there, zero stress, like you were in the old west. Endless pieces of land with nothing but trees and cattle.

But I must recognize that for a tourist that might be not that interesting.

Just now, Tsunami said:

So we’re not buying a RW or Paqueta on this showing?

Don't think we'll get a midfielder in now.

Definitely still get another right winger though, as we can't be using Matt Ritchie in the prem :lol:

1 minute ago, TenkoDaLuz said:

Oh, Évora. Yes. The chapel made of human skulls is fantastic.

I must admit that Alentejo (the eastern part of it) is my favorite part of Portugal. Endless roads in a straight line without seeing a single person, the small villages you find with few people living in there, zero stress, like you were in the old west. Endless pieces of land with nothing but trees and cattle.

But I must recognize that for a tourist that might be not that interesting.

Sounds like the stadiums for this year's World Cup.

Edited by HawK
typo