Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

The electric wheelchair was hilarious. He was back and forwards last night along the East Stand, today he was just working his way along to the Gallowgate corner, two stewards stepped out as though to tell him to stop again when he reached them, so he nipped into the concourse entrance before them and back out the next concourse and back to his place nearer the Leazes. :lol:

It looked like the stewards just didn't have the balls to stop him :lol:

1 hour ago, Rocker said:

Took my little one (six) to her first game today.

No word of a lie, and this sounds cheesy as fuck, but she said to me 'Daddy, am I dreaming?'

Fucking wonderful stuff.

FB_IMG_1659196252831.jpg

Lucky you

My 2 were an absolute pain in the arse from about 60 minutes onwards 🤣

I was sat next to a couple of kids who wanted to be absolutely anywhere else from the moment they sat down before KO. I get if you're a parent, taking them to the game is a big moment if you're a big fan, but I dunno why you'd bother if they clearly aren't interested. (Not saying this was the case for your two, Jack J).

Just now, Yorkie said:

I was sat next to a couple of kids who wanted to be absolutely anywhere else from the moment they sat down before KO. I get if you're a parent, taking to the game is a big moment of you're a big fan, but I dunno why you'd bother if they clearly aren't interested. (Not saying this was the case for your two, Jack J).

I suppose a friendly is an ideal opportunity to trial it and see how they get on? Less important if they act like prats and disrupt people nearby.

If they enjoy it you know you can try more, if they don’t, you know not to bother again for a year or two :lol: 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I was sat next to a couple of kids who wanted to be absolutely anywhere else from the moment they sat down before KO. I get if you're a parent, taking them to the game is a big moment if you're a big fan, but I dunno why you'd bother if they clearly aren't interested. (Not saying this was the case for your two, Jack J).

Hoped to spark some interest in my two. Flag waving aside, didn't really work. Won't go again with them unless they ask.

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Yes.

Went from a dead pigeon over my head to leather seats so can't complain.

:thup: I was there last weekend and there was a stray one flying around the atrium and into the corridors, thinking you may not have been as far away from a dead pigeon as you think! 

I was sat a few rows behind Bob Moncur.

Fella is showing his age. Didn't stop folk from pestering him for a selfie.

Just fuck off and let the man enjoy the match 

Edited by TBG

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I suppose a friendly is an ideal opportunity to trial it and see how they get on? Less important if they act like prats and disrupt people nearby.

If they enjoy it you know you can try more, if they don’t, you know not to bother again for a year or two :lol: 

5 minutes ago, HawK said:

Hoped to spark some interest in my two. Flag waving aside, didn't really work. Won't go again with them unless they ask.

Aye fair enough, like. 

3 minutes ago, TBG said:

I was sat a few rows behind Bob Moncur.

Fella is showing his age. Didn't stop folk from pestering him for a selfie.

Just fuck off and let the man enjoy the match 

yeah but he's a club ledge,  and i'm glad people still remember and acknowledge that.

plus i bet he wasnt getting many requests whilst ashley was here.

8 minutes ago, huss9 said:

yeah but he's a club ledge,  and i'm glad people still remember and acknowledge that.

plus i bet he wasnt getting many requests whilst ashley was here.

Yes but he's a frail old man.

He was on crutches, yet people still felt the need to get him up for a selfie.

Like I appreciate he's a club legend, but leave him be.

3 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Don't get him being involved at all Dummet and Lascelles will play a part this season he should be no where near the team.

When he started taking corners I nearly left, literally pointless having him taking any type of set piece.

22 minutes ago, Howeay said:

What was that banner in the east stand?

According to my Basque-speaking, Athletic-supporting wife sat next to me in the East Stand, 'Welcome Lions'. Athletic's nickname is Los Leones, or The Lions in Spanish. 

Edit - Basque language doesn't have 'the', which is odd as VSauce says it's the most commonly used word in English

Edited by HawK

17 minutes ago, HawK said:

According to my Basque-speaking, Athletic-supporting wife sat next to me in the East Stand, 'Welcome Lions'. Athletic's nickname is Los Leones, or The Lions in Spanish. 

Edit - Basque language doesn't have 'the', which is odd as VSauce says it's the most commonly used word in English

"Erm" is the most commonly used in English. Either that or "Cunt".

I thought we were excellent again today, couldn't compete with the fresh legs in the 2nd half but to win both games whilst not really making changes till the end says a lot.

Maxi looks great, like the player he should be, he has all the skill in the world but its not all about him now and he seems to get that now.  It seems to be all clicking.  We definitely need more in the final third but I am so impressed with the way we have played in both games. There is an ethos, we've not had that going into a season.

just goes to show how most clubs are going to suffer with the new 5 subs rule.

bigger teams just bring on a load of fresh top class internationals on in the second half and blow the opposition away.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

just goes to show how most clubs are going to suffer with the new 5 subs rule.

bigger teams just bring on a load of fresh top class internationals on in the second half and blow the opposition away.

I'll never get why clubs outside the top 6 voted for this change.