bowlingcrofty

15 July at 12:30: Gateshead (a)

18 July at 19:45: Rangers (a)

23 July at 19:00: Aston Villa (n)

26 July at 20:15: Chelsea (n)

28 July at 19:30: Brighton (n)

5 August at 15:30: Fiorentina (h)

6 August at 16:00: Villarreal (h)

I'm pretty sure I remember some disastrous pre season tour of the US when Pardew was in charge due to the distances they travelled.

But I have total faith that this one will be better organised. Might be good if it raises our profile a bit in the US too.

16 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I'm pretty sure I remember some disastrous pre season tour of the US when Pardew was in charge due to the distances they travelled.

But I have total faith that this one will be better organised. Might be good if it raises our profile a bit in the US too.

I remember one but thought it was under Mcclaren ?

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I remember one but thought it was under Mcclaren ?

Actually, I just looked it up and, in a way, we are both right, as there were widely criticized US tours both years.

However, as for being disastrous, in 11/12 we fluked 5th. Whereas in 15/16, we ended relegated.

So in another, possibly more accurate way, it is you that is right.

A few PL teams heading out there this summer it seems, plans confirmed for Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton so far (from what I've seen online)

Send the lads north of the border and play TFC / York United

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

Sickening that they’re endorsing storming the capitol and shooting up shops like this. 

There'll be genuine disappointment amongst the national media that we don't appear to be heading to Saudi Arabia. 

Just now, Joey Linton said:

There'll be genuine disappointment amongst the national media that we don't appear to be heading to Saudi Arabia. 

Will be going there in the winter I bet

I hope they play within 300 miles of my city, I'd 100% go. 

Everton is playing Minnesota United in July in a friendly, given it's 5 blocks from my house I'll be there for sure.

In going to Orlando for the Arsenal/Chelsea/Orlando matches (best friend is an Arsenal dude and we’re making a trip home out of it). Really hope our friendlies aren’t the same week/end. 😭

Edited by cubaricho

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10826523/Newcastle-Wolves-pre-season-plans-disarray-Ohio-Cup-cancelled-short-notice.html

The pre-season preparations of Newcastle United and Wolves’ have been thrown into disarray after a US tournament was cancelled at short notice.

Sportsmail understands the Premier League pair were due to cross the Atlantic and take part in the first 'Ohio Cup', along with two sides from Spain thought to be Villareal and Valencia.

Plans were at a very advanced stage, according to insiders, with the finishing touches being put to a tournament which would have seen two matches hosted in Cincinnati and two in Columbus.

However, both English sides have been left fuming after the plug was suddenly pulled - with barely any explanation.

Newcastle are exploring their options. A trip to the Saudi Arabia homeland of their new owners is highly unlikely, given the searing temperatures there in July, which is when the US tournament was due to take place.