Overrated players

Guest ManDoon

Guest ManDoon

Possibly NWOAT but I’ll kick off with:

Declan Rice - plenty of similar players is Europe

Modric - very good player, nowhere near the level of the players he’s mentioned with and shouldn’t have won a Ballon D’Or

Meslier - for the life of me I can not give any reason why people rate this kid. He’s horrible 

Edited by ManDoon

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Apparently Rangnick advising against signing him as there are players of higher quality for half the price in other leagues. 

Signing overpriced English players hasn't really worked for us recently. :lol:

Edited by Froggy

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Possibly NWOAT but I’ll kick off with:

Modric - very good player, nowhere near the level of the players he’s mentioned with and shouldn’t have won a Ballon D’Or

Meslier - for the life of me I can not give any reason why people rate this kid. He’s horrible 

Steady on with the Modric slander Doon. 

Guest ManDoon
3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Apparently Rangnick advising against signing him as there are players of higher quality for half the price in other leagues. 

Signing overpriced English players hasn't really worked for us recently. :lol:

Ragnick is right imo. It would be a colossal waste of money, he will find you a more athletic version in Europe for half the cost 

Guest ManDoon
2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Lukaku would be my modern shout. 

Always thought Beckham was a bit overrated too. :eek:

I actually agree with Beckham. Incredible delivery of a football but lacked a lot of other aspects. Not sure he’d survive todays super high press game.

First ones that come to mind

Lukaku - a player who's only good when played as part of a 2 is not a £293.5m (combined) player. 

Ederson - great 'keeper and excellent with his feet, but makes way more mistakes than his reputation would have you believe and gets away with clattering people because he's at Man City

Jorginho - an absolute party pooper of a footballer. Completely boring and uninspiring. Was 3rd for the Balon D'or which is insane. 

Alvaro Arbeloa - the epitome of a punching above his weight footballer for me. Had an absolutely amazing career considering how much of an average shithouse he was every time I saw him. 

Raul - Never ever got the hype to the extent that it went to. Very good striker with a class record, but you'd have thought he was an all-time great the way the media went on when he was playing.

There's another player as well, but it'll kick off a different debate that's been done to death. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

To be fair I thought Declan Rice was class in the Euro’s. One of Englands best players. 

Too add my own Pulisic. He seems shite for 4 games and then has one decent game. Not a top level player. 

Edited by Jesse Pinkman

Rooney - Decent striker in an excellent team. Played too deep and dined off the 1% of his long shots that went in or the pels that he dived for.

Messi - Never played in the PL like Ronaldo did, so will always have a question mark over him being GOAT.

Beckham - Bang average journeyman carried by his decent crossing. Without his image, would have been instantly forgotten.

Kane - Plays too deep yet plays as a poacher. Good finisher, but would be genuinely class if he had the backbone to play as a genuine 9. Adds little beyond his goals.

Bring on the hate!

Edited by JumpersForGoalposts

Guest ManDoon
Just now, Smal said:

Mo Salah and Sadio Mane. Two players who benefit massively from a system.

Wew that’s a spicy one.

I'm canny fascinated by those players that are all over the place with how they're rated. 

There's those that are deemed so over-rated for whatever reason that they end up being criminally underrated (Beckham, Henderson)
Those that always get labelled as underrated but either aren't, or get called underrated so often that it's clear they aren't (Makelele, Kante)

There are other categories like that as well, I just can't remember

Guest ManDoon
Just now, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Rooney - Decent striker in an excellent team. Played too deep and dined off the 1% of his long shots that went in or the pels that he dived for.

Messi - Never played in the PL like Ronaldo did, so will always have a question mark over him being GOAT.

Beckham - Bang average journeyman carried by his decent crossing. Without his image, would have been instantly forgotten.

Bring on the hate!

Messi has a great record against PL teams.

Guest ManDoon
Just now, Smal said:

If you can’t drop spicy takes in a thread like this then when you :lol:

True that’s why I went for Modric :lol: but Salah, damn lol

Just now, ManDoon said:

Messi has a great record against PL teams.

Aye, the player who's destroyed all of the best EPL teams at their peaks is overrated because he's never played against Stoke away. :lol: Always loved that one. 

Guest ManDoon
3 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Kane - Plays too deep yet plays as a poacher. Good finisher, but would be genuinely class if he had the backbone to play as a genuine 9. Adds little beyond his goals.

Bring on the hate!

Prime Rooney was ridiculously good imo. I’d like to spice it up and say Roy Keane 

Guest ManDoon
Just now, Manxst said:

Hulk, Di Maria, Pastore, Veloso, Baptista, Balotelli, Berbatov, Wilshere, Walcott, D.Luiz, Joe Cole…

Man I LOVED Berbtov, I’d call him underrated 

Sergio Ramos - absolute shit-house clogger playing in soft leagues, with brilliant players around him and given a very long leash by referees because of the teams he played for.

He would've been a disaster in the PL

Edited by Holmesy