Newcastle United 2-0 Arsenal (18/05/2022)

Yorkie

Guest HTT II

Even when we were good under Sir Bobby, the one team that scared the shit out of me was prime Arsenal under Wenger with Henry and co. This Arsenal side is young and to be fair they have had a decent season or it should be classed as one all things considered, but again I find them boring, they are like a piss poor Man City. Howe should be saying to the players and owners if they can be this high in the table, having battered them for 90 minutes, that should be our target next season. Let’s aim high, let’s have KK’s we are coming for your title Fergie attitude!

Guest HTT II
Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

John Anderson shouting HIT ITTTT [emoji38]

What a great move and a great ball in originally by Longstaff!

Just now, joeyt said:

Xhaka's interview is mad. Throws his teamates completely under the bus when he's been a liability for a lot of the past however many seasons he's been at Arsenal

TBF I felt like he was including himself in the criticism too. He does tend towards this of course, and interviewers probably know he’s the one to go to in situations like this. 

Arsenal have absolutely no steel in the team at all - even their CBs are powderpuff.  Look at City, Liverpool and Chelsea - they have plenty of flair and quality but steel and presence mixed in with it.

We absolutely dominated Arsenal physically from the first whistle and matched that physicality with intensity all over the pitch, and they couldn't cope. If we keep that combination and add more quality to it we'll be a force to be reckoned with next season.  

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

TBF I felt like he was including himself in the criticism too. He does tend towards this of course, and interviewers probably know he’s the one to go to in situations like this. 

I felt he was saying that he had 'the balls' to be playing in the game last night but others on the team didn't

got in from the match last night buzzing. straight onto here as usual and christ.... that fella Wandy going on about the lack of atmosphere when we're playing so well!!!

wtf???

its hard to keep an atmosphere going at 100% for 90 minutes, but i thought on the whole it was great.

criticising from home, man!

enjoy the fucking game u negative sod! [emoji38]

Edited by huss9

10 minutes ago, huss9 said:

got in from the match last night buzzing. straight onto here as usual and christ.... that fella Wandy going on about the lack of atmosphere when we're playing so well!!!

wtf???

its hard to keep an atmosphere going at 100% for 90 minutes, but i thought on the whole it was great.

criticising from home, man!

enjoy the fucking game u ngeative sod! [emoji38]

Just watched abit of the highlights there

TV didn't do the crowd justice last night like. Was as loud as I can remember in some parts.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Just watched abit of the highlights there

TV didn't do the crowd justice last night like. Was as loud as I can remember in some parts.

tbh i think he was complaining also about the lack of variety of songs.

but still... looking for negatives when playing so well.

dont know why it got to me so much.

The current Arsenal can't be historically shite because they just beat Chelsea and West Ham away. They beat Man U too at home. They lost to Spurs, but there is no shame in that, especially if you're down to 10 men. Anything can happen in a derby.

As an organisation, you can have a go at their big wigs because they let PEA leave and are relying on an out of contract young player to get them (unsuccessfully by the looks) over the CL line. However, their recent results going into yesterday were good. This is the strongest challenge for fourth they have mounted in a while.

fwiw, 2019/20 Arsenal amassed a mighty total of 56 points, 7 more than us this season if we beat Burnley. That's after us being "winning none of the first fourteen" relegation-certs level shite.

3 hours ago, Ken Boon said:

I used to be a bit like this after we got beat once upon a time  😜

Something really depressing about this kind of performative outrage.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Arsenal really missed Partey last night. He gives them that little bit if steel in midfield.

Aye. They have little depth. Partey to the Egyptian lad is a massive drop off. Same with the fullbacks. 

We need to be aggressive in the transfer market this summer. We can catch Arsenal, West Ham and such if we have a good window. 

24 minutes ago, Stottie said:

The current Arsenal can't be historically shite because they just beat Chelsea and West Ham away. They beat Man U too at home. They lost to Spurs, but there is no shame in that, especially if you're down to 10 men. Anything can happen in a derby.

As an organisation, you can have a go at their big wigs because they let PEA leave and are relying on an out of contract young player to get them (unsuccessfully by the looks) over the CL line. However, their recent results going into yesterday were good. This is the strongest challenge for fourth they have mounted in a while.

fwiw, 2019/20 Arsenal amassed a mighty total of 56 points, 7 more than us this season if we beat Burnley. That's after us being "winning none of the first fourteen" relegation-certs level shite.

It’s still a bad Arsenal team. 

They’ve benefitted tremendously from not being in Europe and having an excellent crop of youngsters.  

They have a very capable XI but below that it’s v. weak and ultimately cost them 4th. Cedric, Tavares just not good enough.  Overly dependent on Partey.