Newcastle United 2-0 Arsenal (18/05/2022)

Yorkie

25 minutes ago, Slim said:

People who have been on the ground tour will know the secrets of the away changing room.  Basically they made it grey as possible to make you feel more tired and lowered the ceiling also. 

When I went on the tour the bloke told me we’d fixed the showers so that it was only one temperature and we don’t provide any bog roll for the away team.

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Apparently there’s quirks in loads of them. Southampton have mirrors on the back of their bogs so when you sit down for a shit you see yourself in a Southampton shirt.

some clubs build L shape changing rooms and put columns in so that the manager can’t see his whole squad at once etc.

I went to the York City (Bootham Crescent) ground tour once or twice, the away dressing room was an intentional shit tip. The Guide said that other tactics involve turning the thermostat up to an uncomfortable but not overly noticeable temperature and having the floors buffed heavily on the day to increase the chance of slips and falls. 

13 hours ago, Slim said:

People who have been on the ground tour will know the secrets of the away changing room.  Basically they made it grey as possible to make you feel more tired and lowered the ceiling also. 

Also like the black and white entrance hall, a SBR suggestion apparently. 

15 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I'm all for giving the away side an awful changing room. Annoyed they've even got benches to sit on tbh.

It's like a bunker for fucks sake 🤣 I've seen better playing park football   

I've been on tour of the Riverside (I was taking a group of kids as part of job) and their away dressing room is in an awkward shape and with a completely structurally unnecessary pillar through it to make sightlines really awkward for a manager trying to talk to all the players

Watched the whole last episode of the Arsenal documentary. Gleefully giggling through 20 minutes of that shit. :2funny:

Loved how crappy the changing room is and how we just destroyed their souls. Well worth a watch!

On 17/08/2022 at 18:42, Slim said:

Was the home changing room during the Keegan years wasnt it? As he liked the players being so close together? Must have been during the Robson years too because it has Bellamys graffiti on a peg I seem to remember.