Sky Cable Help

Guest Smudger

Guest Smudger

Hi lads, This is probably a really daft question to ask but I really cant be arsed to ring Sky and get ripped off to have an engineer out when I might be able to solve the problem myself.

Basically I plan to buy an LCD/Plasma HDTV in the New Year to replace our antiquated current TV. Thing is I will need to move the Skybox when I do get the new tele about 6 feet into the bay window of the lounge but the cables coming in from the dish arent long enough so I have a problem. Can I buy an extension cable or do I have to get Sky out to put a longer cable in from the dish outside.

Cheers

Smudger  :cool:

You can buy an extension, about £5 from Argos.

Any extension though will reduce quality and signal, not by much tbh, but if you demand perfection (in the 1%) then get a fitter to put in a new cable (about £20)

Guest Smudger

Any extension though will reduce quality and signal, not by much tbh, but if you demand perfection (in the 1%) then get a fitter to put in a new cable (about £20)

Cheers for the info mate. Will look into it.

Guest Smudger

Ive searched high and low on the Argos webiste but cant find the extension lead you speak of. Anywhere else that you know of sell em???

Ive searched high and low on the Argos webiste but cant find the extension lead you speak of. Anywhere else that you know of sell em???

Here

Guest Smudger

Here

Thanks a lot :D Just shows you how shit I am with computers

Guest Smudger

well you DID ask................... and on this forum m'lad you often get what you ask for...........

Which is a good thing :D