Newcastle United Season Review 2021/22

joeyt

player of the season

Joelinton

most improved

Joelinton

most disappointing

Matt Ritchie (not a left back, should not have started, but still…)

signing

Bruno

loan

Targett 

goal 

Trippier at Everton

moment

Trippier at Everton

manager

0/10

season

13 hours ago, joeyt said:

Player of the Season: Joelinton

Most Improved Player of the Season: Joelinton

Most Disappointing Player: Chris Wood

Signing of the Season: Bruno Guimaraes

Goal of the Season (feel free to rank your top 3): Wilson v Palace, Bruno v SOTON, Almiron v Palace.

Game of the Season: Arsenal 2-0.

On the pitch Moment of the Season (we all know the takeover was the off-field most important): Tripper's FK v Everton.

Manager rating out of 10: 10

Season rating out of 10: 8

Options are always the same.

Player of the Season: Joelinton

Most Improved Player of the Season: Joelinton

Most Disappointing Player: Jamal Lewis

Signing of the Season: Bruno G

Goal of the Season (feel free to rank your top 3): Wilson v Palace

Game of the Season: Man Utd at home

On the pitch Moment of the Season (we all know the takeover was the off-field most important): Trippier's FK against Everton

Manager rating out of 10: 9

Season rating out of 10: 8

Player of the Season: Bruno

Most Improved Player of the Season: Joelinton 

Most Disappointing Player: Lewis (possibly harsh but I really thought he could kick on when Howe came in. Obviously injuries have hampered that and we'll see what happens in the next couple of months)

Signing of the Season: Bruno (massive impact) and special mention to Trippier who has set the tone more quickly than any signing I can remember in recent years

Goal of the Season (feel free to rank your top 3): Bruno vs Southampton (just the absolute arrogance and class of it)

Game of the Season: Arsenal (H)

On the pitch Moment of the Season (we all know the takeover was the off-field most important): Bruno vs Leicester (I was in isolation with COVID at the time, watching on the iPad. Safe to say it perked me up)

Manager rating out of 10: Bruce 2/10 Howe 10/10 (genuinely can't think of anything he could have done better really)

Season rating out of 10: 9/10

Edited by Keegans Export

Rethink of my earlier post.

Picking Dan Burn as the signing of the season.  Burn and Targett were fantastic, 

You have to pick Joelinton for most improved, but Schar, Krafth !, Fraser, Miggy, Shelvey, Longstaff all deserve credit. 

Most Disappointing Player: Willock

Signing of the Season: Bruno

Goal of the Season (feel free to rank your top 3): Torn between Bruno's impudent Southampton goal that confirmed he was class, or Trippier's Everton free kick that felt like the moment I started to believe we weren't seriously going down. Going with Bruno's as better actual goal. 

Game of the Season: Newcastle 2 - 0 Arsenal - Feels a very promising look into the future. There were a lot of scrappy close wins, this felt us playing how we want to play, in control.

On the pitch Moment of the Season (we all know the takeover was the off-field most important): Joelinton dropping into midfield after Clark was sent off and thus a legend was born

Manager rating out of 10: 10/10 - couldn't ask for more, nearly gave him 9/10 cos of the cambridge loss but lack of cup distraction may have helped i guess.

Season rating out of 10: 7/10 - Points docked for the Bruce period and for lack of anything in cups. 

Edited by Tiresias

Most Disappointing Player: Lewis. Honestly thought Howe's arrival would spark his career back to life. 

Signing of the Season: Trippier. I know Bruno is the more obvious choice, but I don't think he happens without Trippier. And Trippier was the most important player for the period that truly turned our season around. (Leeds away and Everton/Villa home)

Goal of the Season (feel free to rank your top 3): In order. Bruno v Southampton. Trippier v Everton, Bruno v Norwich

Game of the Season: Newcastle 3-1 Everton. This was the game that really lit the touch paper for me. Set us off on our trajectory, and pushed them further into the mire. Honestly think without beating Everton the way we did, things could've been different.

On the pitch Moment of the Season (we all know the takeover was the off-field most important): Bruno stoppage time winner v Leicester. Chaos. 

Manager rating out of 10: Howe 9/10. Bruce 2/10 (Jones 7/10)

Season rating out of 10: as a whole, 8/10. From Howe on, 9/10

On 22/05/2022 at 18:19, joeyt said:

Player of the Season:                   Fabian Schar

Most Improved Player of the Season:                    Joelinton

Most Disappointing Player:                               Ciaran Clark

Signing of the Season:                              Bruno

Goal of the Season (feel free to rank your top 3):               Almiron [vs Palace]  Joelinton [vs Nrwich]  Bruno [vs Southampton]

Game of the Season:                      Arsena at home

On the pitch Moment of the Season (we all know the takeover was the off-field most important):                        The moment between Joelinton kicking the ball against his own head and scoring his second against Norwich.

Manager rating out of 10:      20

Season rating out of 10:          zero for the first 8 games. 20 after that.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

7 for Jones is also ludicrous. 

Those 3 games under him were grim and that first half at Brighton was one of the lowest I've felt watching us (strictly on the pitch anyway).