Daft things non-football fans say

Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Not a specific thing said but the "it's only a game" attitude you get when someone is expecting you to do something when the match is on is proper rage inducing. I'll probably end up doing extended jail time through it.

:lol: Did an airport pickup during the biggest game one of my teams has had in nearly 30 years. Genuinely still resentful about it. Got mad typing this out.

"The players just aren't passionate enough"

"Why do you get so emotional over it? Its just a game."

"X doesn't happen in the rugby."

X can be complaining to the referee, players' reactions to tackles, how the game is refereed even though they're two completely different sports et al.

Agree with loads posted so far - particularly the rugby posts. Massive inferiority complex.

Biggest for me is when someone who doesn’t watch football, or irregularly watches it tries to have an in-depth conversation about it.

The lasses dad hasn’t a clue. You can tell he’s read the BBC Sport gossip pages before we see him, to try and find something to talk about.

”You must be pleased that Newcastle are going to go in for Mbappe (pronounced totally wrong as Um-bapper)”

Shut the fuck up man. We’ve got nowt in common and you’re boring as hell, I’m only here because your daughter plays with my willy.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Agree with loads posted so far - particularly the rugby posts. Massive inferiority complex.

Biggest for me is when someone who doesn’t watch football, or irregularly watches it tries to have an in-depth conversation about it.

The lasses dad hasn’t a clue. You can tell he’s read the BBC Sport gossip pages before we see him, to try and find something to talk about.

”You must be pleased that Newcastle are going to go in for Mbappe (pronounced totally wrong as Um-bapper)”

Shut the fuck up man. We’ve got nowt in common and your boring as hell, I’m only here because your daughter plays with my willy.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Shut the fuck up man. We’ve got nowt in common and your boring as hell, I’m only here because your daughter plays with my willy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodgate#:~:text=Bloodgate was a rugby union,as "rugby's biggest scandal".

The answer to every rugby fan complaining about footballers feigning injury unlike rugby players. 

When Newcastle were playing Brighton at home in the eighties a fan walking past said to me “what are they singing” (with reference to the Brighton fans). “Seagulls” I informed him. His response was “that’s shite……..that’s bird shite!”

read the thread title again and realised it doesn’t really count but what the hell

Edited by Toontimes

2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Almost every single football conversation I have over here tbh.

8 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

It's always funny how much continually exclaiming "handball" when watching rugby with an actual fan riles them up.

Telling cricket fans they should continue playing when it rains gets a similar reaction.

2 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Hardcore rugby fans are a bit weird anyway. Like boring blokes with the boring dialled up to 11 with the occasional drinking out of each other's arse cracks.

posh wankers like most of the pseudo hardcore Mackems on RTG. RGS / Kings twats 

2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

:lol: :lol:

Spat me fucking drink out. Cheers.

17 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Don't mind a bit of rugby but it's not the greatest spectacle. Not helped at all by being able to hear the ref. 

I don't follow rugby at all, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy a good world cup or six nations game of rugby like. It's actually a very good sport for a neutral, but their inferiority complex is off the charts.

In the pub where I work, every time one of the rugby fans is in when there's football on, they have this weird urge to compare it to their sport.

I doubt Darts fans constantly compare their sport to Golf, for example :lol:

This was more of a thing during the Ashley years but "oh, I see they're losing again. Seems like a typical weekend, why do you continue to watch them?" - my mum to my dad for nearly an entire season

11 minutes ago, woody said:

This was more of a thing during the Ashley years but "oh, I see they're losing again. Seems like a typical weekend, why do you continue to watch them?" - my mum to my dad for nearly an entire season

They had a point Tbf :lol:

A few years back we had a family get together at SJP for a match v Arsenal, who won 1-0. There was a spare seat going and we persuaded my sister to come along for her first ever game. On the walk to the pub afterwards, she chirped up from the back 'ah well, at least we didn't lose'. Five heads swivelled round in unison. I'm glad no fucker else heard her :lol:

3 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

:lol::lol: