General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Tickets for our first home game (Huddersfield) are selling out. Level 7 isn't available, and everywhere else in the ground tickets are hard to come across, I don't think you can buy two seats together.

This is very wrong - even a week on- there are groups of tickets available all over the ground. Disappointing actually

The Leazes End looks very sparse for Huddersfield, still plenty of availability at the back of the Gallowgate and in the Platinum club. Even the East Stand has decent availability. Looks around 40k sold so far including the 3,200 away fans.

Yip I'd agree with that. Was hoping for a rousing full house :/

Don't think we'll get a full house. Usually for sell out games there's a mad rush for tickets when they first go on sale and then the last few thousand sell in the couple of weeks leading up to it. Hasn't been a rush for tickets at all which is a bit disappointing. After not realising it had gone on sale whilst I was on holiday I was surprised to arrive home yesterday and find I could purchase 4 extra tickets all seated together in the East Stand despite them being on sale for a week.

If we play well vs Fulham and win, more tickets will be sold, and some will be bought on matchday, surely? If so is 48,000+ a realistic estimate?

Yeah I would have said 47-48k would be about right. For some reason I just expected this match to be a certain sell out (it might be yet) but I suppose looking back at when we were last in the Championship we started with a 37k crowd v Reading and even by mid March when we were cruising at the top of the league we only pulled in 39k against Scunthorpe. In fact our only sell out that season was the final game against Ipswich when we were presented with the Championship trophy.

If we play well vs Fulham and win, more tickets will be sold, and some will be bought on matchday, surely? If so is 48,000+ a realistic estimate?

Yeah I would have said 47-48k would be about right. For some reason I just expected this match to be a certain sell out (it might be yet) but I suppose looking back at when we were last in the Championship we started with a 37k crowd v Reading and even by mid March when we were cruising at the top of the league we only pulled in 39k against Scunthorpe. In fact our only sell out that season was the final game against Ipswich when we were presented with the Championship trophy.

Looking at the ground map the gallowgate end is well populated but the leazes end looks empty with loads of seats available.

We attract a hell of a lot of day trippers when we're in the Premier League, both from the UK and abroad and I don't think we'll attract so many for Championship games.

Having said that, the FL season starts pretty early and slap bang in the middle of peak holiday season so like last time I think crowds will be a slow burner with people picking and choosing and also waiting to see how we're doing before committing.

I'd expected more demand for this one mind with it being a Saturday 3PM kick off and Huddersfield getting an initial 3200 tickets too, but as you've said we only had 1 sell out crowd last time we were down and couldn't even get 50K at xmas against Boro, just falling short.

To be honest. Anything at or above 45k is unreal after a relegation!

Like I said earlier and someone else mentioned, a lot of people are either on holiday are going on holiday and saving their pennies.

I've noticed on the TV that whenever we fail to sell out, there's always a sea of empty seats in the corner between the Leazes end and East Stand? Is there a reason for this? Would have thought an area that close to the pitch would find plenty of takers. Or is it because the regulars stink?

I've noticed on the TV that whenever we fail to sell out, there's always a sea of empty seats in the corner between the Leazes end and East Stand? Is there a reason for this? Would have thought an area that close to the pitch would find plenty of takers. Or is it because the regulars stink?

I used to sit there at one point, and can confirm that a couple of people's patter stunk.

The Leazes End in general is awful. Atmosphere is abysmal, loads of moaners, and with the added bonus of the away fans being directly above you making you a sitting target when certain clubs visit. I had a season ticket there for 15 years and it gradually got worse and worse every season. Shame because from 1993-2000 it was the best stand in the ground but over the years people either moved out or got older and more miserable.

I can see why it's not very popular these days.

I'd imagine the games such as the Leeds game will sell out.

• 2 weeks later...

Fairly astounded that that's the only change for October/November

It's the only one I thought looked attractive enough for Sky to bother with to be honest.

Only other one might have been Cardiff but the rest of our fixtures at that time don't really stand out.

It's the only one I thought looked attractive enough for Sky to bother with to be honest.

Only other one might have been Cardiff but the rest of our fixtures at that time don't really stand out.

If they televise our Boxing Day fixture (Sheff Wed at home) will it be pushed back to a 5:30pm start? I'm hoping to god the Boxing Day game isn't earlier than a 3pm kick off.

If they televise our Boxing Day fixture (Sheff Wed at home) will it be pushed back to a 5:30pm start? I'm hoping to god the Boxing Day game isn't earlier than a 3pm kick off.

Think they have the Premier League games at 12.30 though I'm not sure whether they still have the rights for bank holiday games/boxing day games.

About time!

The club confirmed during the meeting that it will be making away tickets available on general sale for selected fixtures during this season following supporter requests.

Season ticket holders and members will continue to enjoy priority access to all away match tickets as normal throughout the 2016/17 campaign, with demand expected to be extremely high for most fixtures.

However, should away tickets not completely sell out during designated priority sale periods, the club will make them available to all fans where possible.

Guest neesy111

About time!

The club confirmed during the meeting that it will be making away tickets available on general sale for selected fixtures during this season following supporter requests.

Season ticket holders and members will continue to enjoy priority access to all away match tickets as normal throughout the 2016/17 campaign, with demand expected to be extremely high for most fixtures.

However, should away tickets not completely sell out during designated priority sale periods, the club will make them available to all fans where possible.

Finally.

About time!

Absolutely brilliant news. Well done NUFC!