General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I tend to listen to the free True Faith podcast on Spotify on my way to work. It’s alright and I quite like hearing different views from time to time; particularly when the craic on Pod on the Tyne’s can become too much.

Anyway, that Charlotte lass on TF is incredibly annoying and I don’t think she knows what the fuck she’s talking about half the time. 

Just now, TheGuv said:

Anyway, that Charlotte lass on TF is incredibly annoying and I don’t think she knows what the fuck she’s talking about half the time. 

Remember listening to her for the first time as a guest on Pod on the Tyne; reckons Martin Dubravka is the greatest signing in the club's history. :lol:

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Remember listening to her for the first time as a guest on Pod on the Tyne; reckons Martin Dubravka is the greatest signing in the club's history. :lol:

How do we have these ‘super fan’ celebrities man. 

Embarrassing [emoji38] 

Because people view and reply to their tweets. Because people listen to podcasts etc. I'd much rather read the opinions of anonymous people on here than interact with real names/personalities who have become (in)famous for their opinions on social media. My suspicion is that they're not that bothered about the club that much at all, they absolutely are bothered about their own status and profile. Wraith and Hurst being the 2 that spring to mind immediately. Both weapons-grade bellends. 

TBF I don’t think Charlotte claims to be a tactical genius about football or any kind of expert. She’s more just a fan having fun and expressing her feelings as a fan.

And I guess they don’t want just 7 copies of the same bloke. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

5 hours ago, TheGuv said:

I tend to listen to the free True Faith podcast on Spotify on my way to work. It’s alright and I quite like hearing different views from time to time; particularly when the craic on Pod on the Tyne’s can become too much.

She's nowhere near as bad as that idiot Norman on there. Now he's a full blown idiot who if we win we're the best team ever and if we lose we're thr worst. 

:lol: So seemingly oblivious to the obvious reasons why he's hated that he doesn't realise his obliviousness is one of the other reasons he's hated.

There's something not right with that bloke like, there's something missing in him that other footballers and football fans have.

He is a genuinely unlikable person. He has never been well liked at any of his past clubs. I suspect he is either a sociopath or a massive dickhead (probably a bit of both). At Madrid not a single player extended a hand out to him to sort him out and so he lived in a hotel the entire time and didn't bother to learn Spanish - that always stood out to me. He had that ONE game where he worked well with Shearer and it was for England, not Newcastle.

On 16/12/2021 at 08:55, TheGuv said:

I listen to it when walking the dog. I like a few of them on there, Hurst is a good host, despite me not agreeing with a lot of his views or methods. Norman is brilliant, a few of the others seem sound and all. 

It’s the best one I have bothered with. But some of the inaccuracies and strange analysis at times do my head in. 

Feel like I am being a typical bloke and moaning about women in football. But Charlotte does seem to go off on mad tangents, waffling on about bollocks. Never really have a clue what she is on about or supposed to be getting at?! 

On 16/12/2021 at 10:49, kisearch said:

Gallowgate Shots' All with Smiling Faces is the only NUFC podcast anywhere near worth watching imo. 

See, I tried this one a few times and just couldn’t get into it. More shit, unfunny banter than Pod on the Tyne and TF put together. 

Maybe I need to give it another go. As I have pretty much ran out of horse racing ones now the flat season is over! 

I've only given it a go since the takeover and find it much more like talking with other fans about Newcastle than the others. It's by no means perfect like but I get a much bigger sense of authenticity from it and its hosts/guests (especially Kris) than I do any of the others, which is a big thing for me.

The Football Ramble's the only one I really listen to now, but it's not as good as it used to be. Some of the new presenters are good, some not so good, but it seems like the best episodes by a mile are still when it's as near to a combination of Pete, Marcus, Jim, and Luke as possible.