General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest HTT II
10 hours ago, Rafalove said:

He was fucking class like

Is that a hint he will be a guest of honour today?

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Don't blame him one bit.

I did at the time as I loved him, but not now as you say and he’s in the top 10 greatest of all time PL ‘keepers easily. 

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I did at the time as I loved him, but not now as you say and he’s in the top 10 greatest of all time PL ‘keepers easily. 

He'd seen the club go from playing in the CL and Cup Finals, through Robson, put up with the poor/averageness under Souness, Roeder & Allardyce, to the Wise/Kinnear days. He got an opportunity to go to City just as they were starting their climb just after he keep Liverpool into single figures. He's a club legend.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Don't blame him one bit.

I don't blame him, it was the club.

At the time it hurt though, felt like he just deserted us at our lowest ebb, more fool me [emoji38]

Guest HTT II
Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

He'd seen the club go from playing in the CL and Cup Finals, through Robson, put up with the poor/averageness under Souness, Roeder & Allardyce, to the Wise/Kinnear days. He got an opportunity to go to City just as they were starting their climb just after he keep Liverpool into single figures. He's a club legend.

I think he said a while back he would have stayed, but he saw that a few players and the owner etc. just didn’t give a fuck and it would have hurt him to have stayed, that and he said he wanted just even one winners medal for all he put in to his time in the game. That transfer away probably hurt the most after Cole.

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yeah some people still blame his lack of loyalty but it was no different to what Keegan did really, only Given couldn't just walk away.

Had he stayed I think we would have stayed up and ironically had Kinnear not had his heart attack I think we would have too, despite him being an absolute mess of a person. It would have only staved off the inevitable though!

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It really felt like that game against Liverpool was the straw that broke the camels back for him. We were soo bad that day (except for Given, obviously), he must've felt like what the hell is the point of this? 

21 minutes ago, Nobody said:

It really felt like that game against Liverpool was the straw that broke the camels back for him. We were soo bad that day (except for Given, obviously), he must've felt like what the hell is the point of this? 

Aye you could see his reaction after every world-class save that day that he looked pissed off. The state of our club was combined with Man City wanting him so it was inevitable and don't blame him one bit. Pleased he came back to play in the Harper testimonial to get a proper reception.

One thing I've often wondered. About 90% of home matches we tend to be shooting into the Gallowgate in the second half. Obviously not the case yesterday, and Liverpool came to mind towards the back end of last season, but in most cases we do - how does that work? It surely can't be a coin toss, so is it generally a Gentleman's agreement type of thing?

15 minutes ago, Paullow said:

One thing I've often wondered. About 90% of home matches we tend to be shooting into the Gallowgate in the second half. Obviously not the case yesterday, and Liverpool came to mind towards the back end of last season, but in most cases we do - how does that work? It surely can't be a coin toss, so is it generally a Gentleman's agreement type of thing?

Isn't it just coin toss at the start, winner either picks ends or starts with the ball? 

25 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Whenever we kick to the Leazes first I always appreciate the opposition manager doing their homework on us, knowing we gain a few extra % from kicking towards there in the second half.

Same as when Liverpool are made to kick towards the Kop first half and Man Utd the Stretford End.

18 minutes ago, Adam said:

Isn't it just coin toss at the start, winner either picks ends or starts with the ball? 

Possibly, but just having a quick look on wiki, and last season it was 17-2, Liverpool and also the 1-1 vs Watford being the two exceptions, but that's like 89.4% kicking into our preferred end. Probably just a case of us winning the toss 60 or so % of the time and then the times we lose, the opposition aren't particularly bothered, but the figures are that it does become really noticeable when it doesn't happen.

9 minutes ago, Sima said:

Whenever we kick to the Leazes first I always appreciate the opposition manager doing their homework on us, knowing we gain a few extra % from kicking towards there in the second half.

Same as when Liverpool are made to kick towards the Kop first half and Man Utd the Stretford End.

I always think it comes down to the opposition knowing us, as an example Henderson and Colback know we have traditionally done it, wouldn’t surprise me if they done it on purpose as a result of the coin toss.  

Guest HTT II
11 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Love how he clarifies he doesn't mind a peck on the cheek. :lol:

Fuck off manchild, you literally stalk and harass players and staff at training and matches, you’re loving it really you narcissistic little creepy doylam. 

Guest HTT II

Has he actually been physically assaulted? He’s happy to go and shake hands with little kids, give them a cuddle and accept them in return from his ‘fans’. Quicker weird little creeps like him do one from social media trying to be footy YouTubers the better. Again, go to the match, enjoy it, go out on the lash or whatever and fuck of. 

Edited by HTT II

I am glad someone is reporting from outside the stadium and stuff like that, I enjoy watching Adam P and Tyneside Life and those guys. I live in Norway and can only go to so many games, it's nice to see more than just the feed from the game itself.

That being said, I wish I could move back to England, but it was easier before Brexit.

Guest HTT II

I will, if I ever lay hands on him! nah it’s right he shouldn’t be assaulted, but I guarantee he hasn’t. 

Can't help but feel this problem could be solved if he filmed himself when he's not surrounded by hundreds of football fans who've had a drink and want to be on one of his videos. Just a hunch like