General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

On 09/08/2022 at 13:18, alexf said:

Souness is a fucking prick. I'd love for someone to actually have a straight shoot out conversation with him who can call him out for his outright bullshit. 

He was the original Bruce when it came to deflecting and deferring any criticism.

Annoyingly his prominence on sky for all these years has enabled him to continue his false narrative ever since.

Thing is...when he's talking about anyone else he actually comes across as quite well informed and articulate. Our hate for him clearly coloured his opinion of us

Guest HTT II
On 10/08/2022 at 15:23, Happinesstan said:

Top bloke. Total gentleman and humble as they come.

For me thus far:

KK

Sir Bobby

Rafa

Hughton
Howe

The way he engineered our promotion, galvanising the team and uniting the fans and then on our return looking like he was going to comfortably keep us up with some very notable wins and then to be sacked was what ended me when it come to NUFC, even though I’d always rated Rafa and love the bloke and was fully behind him, I was probably 50% switched on during his time here as I knew where it would end, as it transpired.

But Hughton, he did things in a very thoughtful, humble and gracious way. It’s no surprise KK wanted such a man alongside him. We shall always be in his debt and although we had been relegated, that was a very enjoyable season in the Championship (who doesn’t enjoy winning every week regardless of the level) and that season ranks as one of the most satisfactory season I’ve enjoyed following our club.

And he ranks as one of our better managers and without a doubt one of the very best human beings to have been associated with our club. Such a good man, and for me an underrated manager and a top coach.

Edited by HTT II

33 minutes ago, HTT II said:

For me thus far:

KK

Sir Bobby

Rafa

Hughton
Howe

The way he engineered our promotion, galvanising the team and uniting the fans and then on our return looking like he was going to comfortably keep us up with some very notable wins and then to be sacked was what ended me when it come to NUFC, even though I’d always rated Rafa and love the bloke and was fully behind him, I was probably 50% switched on during his time here as I knew where it would end, as it transpired.

But Hughton, he did things in a very thoughtful, humble and gracious way. It’s no surprise KK wanted such a man alongside him. We shall always be in his debt and although we had been relegated, that was a very enjoyable season in the Championship (who doesn’t enjoy winning every week regardless of the level) and that season ranks as one of the most satisfactory season I’ve enjoyed following our club.

And he ranks as one of our better managers and without a doubt one of the very best human beings to have been associated with our club. Such a good man, and for me an underrated manager and a top coach.

Honorable mention for Glenn Roeder surely ?

Guest HTT II
Just now, Comegetasample said:

Honorable mention for Glenn Roeder surely ?

Definitely, he goes below Hughton. The rest, well…

I'm really against us being part of it, but at the same time, there's no fucking way I'm not glued to the telly watching every second of it if it happens. I'm watching random YouTube channels about football that I don't even really like and listening to both True Faith and The Athletics utter cringe podcast about us now cause I just can't get enough of Toon content right now. 

2 hours ago, LV said:

Can’t see the Saudis signing that one off.

Too much reputational risk. 

Wouldn’t have thought so. They very much work with the club pre and post filming on what does and doesn’t go out. 

Think they’re a bit shit personally because of the above usually only need to watch a couple of episodes as they’re all loosely the same.

My NFL team has just been included in HBO's version of this. Would be hesitant but absolutely love it if it happened with NUFC. 

Far cry from Ashley days when there was virtually no press access 

Edited by Ameritoon