Telewests TDrive

Skirge

Guest Invicta_Toon

jumping to wild conclusions not having ever had it, but I would think the fact the word Telewest is in its name points to it being as usefull as a bag of chocolate spanners

jumping to wild conclusions not having ever had it, but I would think the fact the word Telewest is in its name points to it being as usefull as a bag of chocolate spanners

get telewest broadband,very happy after 3 years,sister had sky broadband,taken out as soon as poss...telewest aint all bad.

anyone who ever questions sky + should be shot. its amazing, it ruins any sort of social life you may have once had.

South Park Series Link

Futurame Series Link

NFL

Football

Wrestling

The Ashes (...highlights...)

F1

Lost

Basically, any gash that you'd normally consider watching & miss a fair few eps of, becomes a regular watch.

Guest Invicta_Toon

anyone who ever questions sky + should be shot. its amazing, it ruins any sort of social life you may have once had.

South Park Series Link

Futurame Series Link

NFL

Football

Wrestling

F1

Lost

Basically, any gash that you'd normally consider watching & miss a fair few eps of, becomes a regular watch.

had the reverse effect for me, nowt sadder than before when I used to weigh up going on the hoy or miss an episode of such and such, now I do both  bluebiggrin.gif Also, never had to sit through Changing Rooms or some other shite because I had nowt to watch (it's not like you can put a DVD on between other programs on that night is it)

South Park Series Link

Futurame Series Link

NFL

Football

Wrestling

F1

Lost

had the reverse effect for me, nowt sadder than before when I used to weigh up going on the hoy or miss an episode of such and such, now I do both  bluebiggrin.gif Also, never had to sit through Changing Rooms or some other shite because I had nowt to watch (it's not like you can put a DVD on between other programs on that night is it)

invicta,not having a go at you personally but what do you find to watch.I struggle to find 3 hrs per week?

just you as you were the last to post.

Guest Invicta_Toon

South Park Series Link

Futurame Series Link

NFL

Football

Wrestling

F1

Lost

invicta,not having a go at you personally but what do you find to watch.I struggle to find 3 hrs per week?

just you as you were the last to post.

New telly wise, I make it a point to watch 24, Lost, getting into Prison Break, Sopranos, a few bits on Nat Geo,

don't absolutely have to watch much a week, difference is, the hours I do watch is now of the stuff I absolutely do want to watch, and like I say, not resorting to watch changing room or some such shite

Sky+ is free is you subscribe to either Sports or movies, so its clearly a winner!

TVDrive? I've heard good things. Apart from random crashes, which is down to Telewests network being utter shit, the actual hardware is better than the Sky+ offering. It has 4 times the HD space, and is HD ready.

But you have to put up with cable service, which is wank.

Why would I pay £15 per month for what's basically a fancy vhs?

I often wonder this. Does Sky+ have anything to it other than being a lazy man's video recorder?

If you have the right phone provider you can record something while you are out from your mobile.

So in answer, I don't think so  bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Gemmill

If you've got anything other than shit Sky (i.e. if you're subscribed to Sports or whatever) then you don't pay the monthly subscription to Sky +.  As to the comparison to a video recorder, I've still got a video and it's a pain in the arse always needing to have spare tapes, setting the timer, not to mention the fact that you can only tape the Sky channel you're watching.  Before I had Sky + if I was going to be out when something was on, then I basically just missed whatever was on rather than going to the bother of setting the video.  Now I just pull up the Sky TV guide and press the record button and that's it sorted.

Big difference between Sky + and a video tbh.

Why would I pay £15 per month for what's basically a fancy vhs?

I often wonder this. Does Sky+ have anything to it other than being a lazy man's video recorder?

If you have the right phone provider you can record something while you are out from your mobile.

So in answer, I don't think so  bluebiggrin.gif

Is that worth £180 a year?

There's never been a time when I was out the house and thought to myself "Oh shit, 'whatever' is on, I'd pay £180 to be able to record that"

South Park Series Link

Futurame Series Link

NFL

Football

Wrestling

F1

Lost

Muscle men running around in pants and lycra, homotastic  :thup: bluebiggrin.gif

If you've got anything other than shit Sky (i.e. if you're subscribed to Sports or whatever) then you don't pay the monthly subscription to Sky +.  As to the comparison to a video recorder, I've still got a video and it's a pain in the arse always needing to have spare tapes, setting the timer, not to mention the fact that you can only tape the Sky channel you're watching.  Before I had Sky + if I was going to be out when something was on, then I basically just missed whatever was on rather than going to the bother of setting the video.  Now I just pull up the Sky TV guide and press the record button and that's it sorted.

Big difference between Sky + and a video tbh.

Aye, you can be lazier with Sky+  :winking:

Fair enough if you're getting it for free with your other packages though, don't think I'd pay any extra for it as an add on myself. As one poster said, it'd only ruin my life, and I'd probably watch more things I wasn't that fussed about, just because it would be so easy to.

Guest Smudger

In our last gaff we had NTL broadband and decided to get Sky+ when we moved to our new place earlier this year. All I can say Sky+ is brilliant. Its simple to use, free if you have movies or sports as others have said and can be set when out  of the house via mobile phone.

As for Sky HD I will post my opinions in the New Year as and when we upgrade but I think the whole HD thing will have much more to offer in years to come in terms of the number of channels transmitting in HD. The only thing that bugs me about HD Sky is Ive been told the HD in the box is the same size and the non HD one? How can this be right. I thought HD programs being better in quality needed more H Drive space  blueconfused.gif