Your first footballing hero

Guest HTT II

Guest HTT II
10 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Roberto Baggio was my other football hero when I was a kid. From watching World Cup 94.

I adored him at the WC, and was gutted for him when he missed his penalty, but I’d been brought up on Brazil and how great they were and all their players so I was over the moon they won it, it was such a shit final and Brazil were more German like in that tournament. Romario though, from that tournament he was my fave, again along with Hagi and Stoichkov.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

I adored him at the WC, and was gutted for him when he missed his penalty, but I’d been brought up on Brazil and how great they were and all their players so I was over the moon they won it, it was such a shit final and Brazil were more German like in that tournament. Romario though, from that tournament he was my fave, again along with Hagi and Stoichkov.

WC94 was all about Bebeto for me.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Shearergol said:

WC94 was all about Bebeto for me.

He was immense too, his celebrations man, what a pair they were though!

Guest HTT II
Just now, Shearergol said:

Football just seemed to be fun back then, particularly for that team.

Aye, they were criticised I remember for not being totally Brazilian, but they won it and up front they played with flair and as my first WC it was a joy to behold the whole tournament. 

6 hours ago, Peder75 said:

Mine was Marco van Basten. Started with the bicycle kick for Ajax in -86, and then his fantastic European Championship in -88. Then we have all his years in that amazing Milan team. He scored 4 against my hometown team in the Champions League -92.

Gothenburg right? Had my heart set on going their on 04 but got Drogba'd.  Scored an overhead kick in that game too so nice synergy.

Got the highlights of some blokes daughter who taped loads of Milan stuff for some, probably Maldini, reason

Edited by Wolfcastle

6 hours ago, Peder75 said:

Mine was Marco van Basten. Started with the bicycle kick for Ajax in -86, and then his fantastic European Championship in -88. Then we have all his years in that amazing Milan team. He scored 4 against my hometown team in the Champions League -92.

He's one of mine as well, the ultimate CF in my eyes. A thing of beauty.

Michel Platini as well, a wonderful player to watch, his free kicks were like being awarded a penalty. But he turned out to be a really dodgy official when he hung up his boots, I think he had some pretty questionable  views as well. But a fabulous player.