Nick Pope

Rich

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

It’s good that nobody can agree on first choice, that means we’re in a better position than last season.

It's not my choice to make but if it was I'd choose Pope over Dubs as much as I like him.

32 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Decent signing for the fee, not convinced he is better than Dubravka but leaves us with two good keepers to choose from :thup:

Agree. Strengthens the squad if not the first eleven.

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

This is not a glamorous signing but it's a sensible signing, happy enough with it 

For the first few seasons - we’re gonna be mainly about sensible signings I reckon with a few glamorous thrown in here and there.

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

These are crap stats in the main to judge a gk.

In what way?  Saves, punches, High Claims, catches - they all seem fair enough to me.  Sweeper clearances is key one as well as it shows Pope comes out his box to make clearances twice as often as Dubs.

Just now, duo said:

In what way?  Saves, punches, High Claims, catches - they all seem fair enough to me.  Sweeper clearances is key one as well as it shows Pope comes out his box to make clearances twice as often as Dubs.

Relegation team keepers are busier.  So have more saves etc.

Need save %, xga etc.

ggh8unbw0y961.png

2021... he's good.

I feel other signing were more of a priority, but it's still a good addition which improves the squad. Has to be looked on it's own merits, and he seems like a good solid keeper.

People comparing him to Dubravka is fair enough but sightly missing the point - realistically, this is about one of them making a huge upgrade on Darlow. We're one bad collision away from him screwing our season up as it stands.

5 minutes ago, 80 said:

People comparing him to Dubravka is fair enough but sightly missing the point - realistically, this is about one of them making a huge upgrade on Darlow. We're one bad collision away from him screwing our season up as it stands.

We’re discussing who will start- comparing him to Darlow would be pointless