Nick Pope: "on track" for return before end of season (Hope)

Rich

Feels like a transition rather than transformational signing similar to Burn and Targett. Fee is pretty low so can't complain. Solid left back and keeper for 20m odd is good business.

Edited by ElDiablo

15 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Difficult to get excited by, but as someone said, Dubravka, Pope is a better choice than Dubravka, Darlow

It’s not difficult at all. He improves us. It’s exciting. 

in two windows our whole back 5 has been transformed. It’s great 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Big upgrade here.  I approve.

I think people are underestimating how much better he’ll be than Dubs. 

It’ll be interesting to see how much his play with his feet was influenced by Burnley’s style. 

He is older than I thought though, would’ve guessed about 27. Guess we can buy a world class keeper in 2 or 3 years. 

8 minutes ago, Dandy Man said:

Didnt think that GK was a priority as Dubs is more than capable albeit injury prone but I think he will do very well here, comes out surprisingly well on a lot of statistics

Dubravka being ‘injury prone’ means a GK was a priority or we stick with Darlow who is no where near the level of Dubravka or Pope. 

He’s from round here and I know his cousin and have played against and with his Bro back in the day (also a keeper). So hoping he signs and is a hit. 

I think he will control his box a lot better than Dubs and I think I read his save percentage is better, along with one on ones. But I have seen some clangers from

him a few times. 

As others have said. I’m hoping the kicking side of things is more a reflection of Burnley’s hoofball and not because he can’t pass it about. 

Happy enough with this, from what I've seen he's pretty much a similar level to Dubravka, so while not an "upgrade" they'll both be providing competition for one another, which will drive them to be get better. 

Not brainer at the price point, really shrewd business.

Casting my mind back to the summer of 92, I recall KK beginning our transformation with "non-sexy" signings like Venison, Bez and Bracewell (Lee soon after). The difference those 3 in particular made, was mad. He transformed us from the back first and more dramatic signings like Sellars and Cole followed later. Not saying this is the exact same thing, but our goalkeeping pool, both full-backs and CB's are slowly but surely being radically improved, big fan of this :thup:

16 minutes ago, duo said:

Has very similar stats to Dubs bar one keys area - Sweeper clearances. Pope has double the amount.  Am pleased with this signing - Pope is a solid keeper.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/10079/Nick-Pope/stats

https://www.premierleague.com/players/6451/Martin-Dúbravka/stats?co=1&se=-1

These are crap stats in the main to judge a gk.

14 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Decent signing for the fee, not convinced he is better than Dubravka but leaves us with two good keepers to choose from :thup:

Just read on the mag site that if you don’t count the spurs and Man City game then we only conceded 11 goals in the other 18 games (last 20 games I believe) with no more than one goal in any of them games.

If that’s true then you can’t drop dupravka

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Just read on the mag site that if you don’t count the spurs and Man City game then we only conceded 11 goals in the other 18 games (last 20 games I believe) with no more than one goal in any of them games.

If that’s true then you can’t drop dupravka

Yeah you can.