Nick Pope

Rich

Must take a lot of mental strength to put yourself through that knowing you've got professional level athletes blasting the ball straight at you - probably hurts enough without knackered fingers. Heroic guy

• 1 month later...

Soooo has there been any information about when he’s back? 

Two and a half weeks until the season kicks off, Eddie talking about how important Dubs is, reading between the lines… pope is dead. 

It was extremely quick tactical thinking on his part - to head the ball out, spot the second ball in the hoardings and put it in the field of play so he could get back to safety. Took all of one second. Shithousery, but with a specific tactical aim in mind. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, jake_horne76 said:

Thought his distribution yesterday was stinking. Looked nervous from the off. 

When have his distribution ever not stunk? :D

Not his best game with him being a little sketchy missing the ball a couple of times and not making world class saves for once.

13 minutes ago, Displayname said:

When have his distribution ever not stunk? :D

Not his best game with him being a little sketchy missing the ball a couple of times and not making world class saves for once.

True, just seemed like everything he touched yesterday was so poor. Had the chance to make so many simple passes which resulted in the ball out of play. 

Edited by jake_horne76

What % of his training time do we estimate he spends working on his distribution, and what % do we think he should spend? Of course, the coaches know best etc etc., but he really is very weak in this area, it's noticeable in most games how uncomfortable he is with the ball at his feet.

PS, I'm not bashing him before anyone gets excited after the past few days on here lol, he's a great shot-stopper and a very good goalkeeper, I'm mainly just curious about what people think his approach to improving in this area as it's surely something he works on.

Edited by mondonewc

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

He's improved significantly since signing, so I think it's safe to assume the coaches will be working hard at it with him. Not sure he had to worry much about it previously.

Are there metrics to suggest this is the case? Would be interested to see them, I haven't noticed any improvement but you may well be right.