Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

Good morning all!

With the fixtures out out today its been confirmed (TV rescheduling permitting) that the family and I will be in the Toon for the Everton game in October.  I took my daughter to her first game last last year and it was the 1st game after the take over and she fell in love with it with the atmosphere at that spurs game.  We live in the far north of Scotland so its a rare we get down and tie it in with a home game.  I am going to try my best and get tickets for the 3 of us for that game.  My question is about the membership scheme that Newcastle have.  Since i want 3 tickets would i have to buy membership for each of us so we all have access to earlier ticket sales? 

Thanks in advance.   

By the end of last season it had been set at two per membership, yeah, because demand was so high. It had scaled up or down depending on the opposition before that.

Like with season tickets, there's been no news on 2022/23 memberships (even for existing members) just yet but now the fixtures are out it can't be far away.

Impossible to say what a membership would look like next season, unfortunately, or if there'll even be memberships at all.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

By the end of last season it had been set at two per membership, yeah, because demand was so high. It had scaled up or down depending on the opposition before that.

Like with season tickets, there's been no news on 2022/23 memberships (even for existing members) just yet but now the fixtures are out it can't be far away.

Impossible to say what a membership would look like next season, unfortunately, or if there'll even be memberships at all.

The price we pay for new owners and our club being alive again! Still a small price to pay :) Been a supporter since about 94 so been on this roller-coaster for a while so trying to pass the bug onto the wee one as well.  I think if she gets in and wor flags have put a flag on her seat she may may pass out! 

1 minute ago, ceolnamara said:

The price we pay for new owners and our club being alive again! Still a small price to pay :) Been a supporter since about 94 so been on this roller-coaster for a while so trying to pass the bug onto the wee one as well.  I think if she gets in and wor flags have put a flag on her seat she may may pass out! 

We've got a cracking tickets section on here now, largely thanks to @SteVand @tommohttps://newcastle-online.org/forum/6-tickets-travel. Anything related to tickets and membership will be covered thoroughly in there, and it's a cracking place to pick up spare tickets from existing season ticket holders/members too. I got help a few times when I'd missed out on the sale due to the online queue being insane.

25 minutes ago, ceolnamara said:

I'm in the Isle of Lewis mate

Christ that’s some journey! We’re in Dingwall at the moment, looking at houses on the Black Isle. If I end up heading down the road for the Everton game I’ll drop you a hello.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

We've got a cracking tickets section on here now, largely thanks to @SteVand @tommohttps://newcastle-online.org/forum/6-tickets-travel. Anything related to tickets and membership will be covered thoroughly in there, and it's a cracking place to pick up spare tickets from existing season ticket holders/members too. I got help a few times when I'd missed out on the sale due to the online queue being insane.

Yep, I’d encourage anyone looking to buy or sell (FV obviously) tickets to get involved in this section of the forum. My (extremely scientific) analysis shows that people you’d be interacting with on there are 99.6% more likely to be more trustworthy than folk on Twitter and other platforms.

We also try really hard to keep the info on when tickets go sale bang up to date. More important than ever that you’re prepared and ready to go pretty much as soon as they come out now.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Perfectly answered. I might be able to help nearer the time but it really is all up in the air at the moment.

Used to be 4 tickets allowed per membership but that is now down to 2, so you'd need 2 memberships to get the 3 tickets you need. No mention about what will happen for memberships for the 22/23 season but I suspect they'll continue. In fact I don't think we'll see a Newcastle league game go on general sale again for years. It'll be a closed shop for season ticket holders/members.

Edited by Wallsendmag

We've got a thread for this in the tickets section already, but it's probably worth having a separate one here just so people are aware.

Memberships (including Junior Magpies) go back on sale from next Thursday (30th) at 10am.

Yep, anyone planning on trying to get to some home games this season, definitely advisable to purchase of these (assuming you can spare the £30 or whatever it’s going to be). 

Previously you’ve been allowed to purchase 2 tickets per membership (sometimes more) but I wouldn’t necessarily bank on that always being the case going forward. Unless they release guidance to clarify, the safest thing to do would be to get enough memberships to cover the amount of tickets (per game) you would want (again assuming that isn’t cost prohibitive for you).

And although it mentions the theoretical chance of getting away tickets, I wouldn’t expect many, if any, away games to go to members sale now (maybe if we get Norwich away midweek in the cup…).

3 minutes ago, timinperu said:

I am hoping to get to the home friendlies as I am visiting my son in Leiden, so will fly in. Will I need membership to have any chance of getting tickets?

Wouldn't think so.