Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

1 minute ago, jack j said:

I thought we'd get a similar amount of tickets to season tickets? And not every season ticket holder will go..

Looking at Liverpool last year, they got 35K.  I think we have more than 35K season ticket holders.

That's before you take into account how probably everyone that is in corporate will take as many as they can get their hands on.  There'll probably end up being 27.5K available for general ST holders.

Just now, Sima said:

Looking at Liverpool last year, they got 35K.  I think we have more than 35K season ticket holders.

That's before you take into account how probably everyone that is in corporate will take as many as they can get their hands on.  There'll probably end up being 27.5K available for general ST holders.

Keep reading on here we only have 33k season ticket holders?

Liverpool got 33k tickets last season, 74% of that went to fans and the rest corporate etc, that would leave 24420 for season ticket holders if we got the same allocation, they will surely have to do it by points in different stages all the way down to zero but that's still probably about 10k season ticket holders missing out, would imagine is more than 10k without any points so wants it gets down to 0 I think the fair way of splitting everyone would be looking at who has been to the cup games and allocation a point for each one.

47 minutes ago, gdm said:

Unknown at the moment. In the summer is was place in the queue but with the demand being so high they could/probably should give current members a chance to renew 

Cheers. Hopefully I can just renew my daughters and mine and it’s not a stress on. 

30 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Liverpool got 33k tickets last season, 74% of that went to fans and the rest corporate etc, that would leave 24420 for season ticket holders if we got the same allocation, they will surely have to do it by points in different stages all the way down to zero but that's still probably about 10k season ticket holders missing out, would imagine is more than 10k without any points so wants it gets down to 0 I think the fair way of splitting everyone would be looking at who has been to the cup games and allocation a point for each one.

There's going to be hell on isn't there :lol:

I was under the impression we had 30,000 ST holders last year and they released another 1,000 this season. 

Regardless, the above still would be too many. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes down to cup games attended this season and then a ballot.

7 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

There's going to be hell on isn't there :lol:

I was under the impression we had 30,000 ST holders last year and they released another 1,000 this season. 

Regardless, the above still would be too many. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes down to cup games attended this season and then a ballot.

Looks like Liverpool did some sort of ballot but anyone with a season ticket that had also been to at least 3 cup games was guaranteed a ticket for the final which seems fair enough. 

Edited by Geogaddi

Jumping the gun a bit, for people unable to get tickets for the final, where is best to be, stay in Newcastle or travel to London? 

Conflicted on this. Happy to drive to London and have a refundable hotel booked but concerned we get dispersed across the city and end up in any old pub to watch it. 

Edited by Vedder

2 minutes ago, Vedder said:

Jumping the gun a bit, for people unable to get tickets for the final, where is best to be, stay in Newcastle or travel to London? 

Conflicted on this. Happy to drive to London and have a refundable hotel booked but concerned we get dispersed across the city and end up in any old pub to watch it. 

If we win there won’t be a party outside of Wembley. Fans will stay for 30 minutes to an hour to watch the team lift the cup, then get on the coaches all the way back and have to sit on either a coach or train with all that excitement.

On the flip side, if we lost thats a long journey back.

If you are Newcastle and we win, there will be a full on party across the city and will last until the following day where there would no doubt be an open top bus parade.

If we lost, you can just curl up and go to bed.

Regardless of what they do for the final, there is always going to be a majority of people pissed off. I can see sense in most things suggested to be honest, but you'd definitely have to give priority to those lads & lasses who have points.

The argument about the points system is for another day, and going forward I hope there is something that stops people hoarding and gaining points but never attending away games, but I have no answer on how to police it. But for now, they deserve first dibs on days like this.

For what its worth, I think a fair thing to do would be;

1. Points (maybe 20+ or something - that would probably take a big % of available tickets anyways)

2. ST/Members with 3 cup games this season

3. Ballot/General sale

I reckon they'll just give it to ST holders only though, which is probably fair enough.

(if we get there)

Normally I would definitely not consider going to London without a ticket.

Ironically I get back from holiday on the morning on the final so I'll be there anyway :lol:

Need the kick off time so I can decide whether to come back up or watch it there. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

31 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Normally I would definitely not consider going to London without a ticket.

Ironically I get back from holiday on the morning on the final so I'll be there anyway :lol:

Need the kick off time so I can decide whether to come back up or watch it there. 

Sure it's usually always 4 o'clock. Only PL games scheduled that day are for 1.30 kick offs.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

If we win there won’t be a party outside of Wembley. Fans will stay for 30 minutes to an hour to watch the team lift the cup, then get on the coaches all the way back and have to sit on either a coach or train with all that excitement.

On the flip side, if we lost thats a long journey back.

If you are Newcastle and we win, there will be a full on party across the city and will last until the following day where there would no doubt be an open top bus parade.

If we lost, you can just curl up and go to bed.

Absolute bollocks - there will be a party in London - people will be staying over 

1 minute ago, tgarve said:

Absolute bollocks - there will be a party in London - people will be staying over 

Aye. We have to “take over Trafalgar Square” and reclaim it from the unwashed. Anything less will be seen as automatically losing to the greatest football team in the world, and bragging rights will forever be lost. 

😂

Just now, Manxst said:

Aye. We have to “take over Trafalgar Square” and reclaim it from the unwashed. Anything less will be seen as automatically losing to the greatest football team in the world, and bragging rights will forever be lost. 

😂

No mate you’re just wrong 

6 minutes ago, tgarve said:

People will be, but London is massive. Where does everyone go to back from the North of London?

Some will be getting trains and buses back as well.

Of course people will be celebrating but I’m not sure how big it would be. The party would be in Newcastle the next day for sure.

Just now, TheGuv said:

People will be, but London is massive. Where does everyone go to back from the North of London?

Some will be getting trains and buses back as well.

Of course people will be celebrating but I’m not sure how big it would be. The party would be in Newcastle the next day for sure.

There won’t be a party on a Monday in the toon - it will be on Sunday in both places and then when they do an open bus tour

2 minutes ago, wormy said:

I'm an hour or so from London so considering going ticketless for the atmosphere. Would much rather be up amongst everyone in Newcastle given the chance though.

Interesting considering you're so close. I'm sure there'll be a big N-O Contingent in Newcastle. Should probably plan something on here tbf.

• 5 months later...