bolton equaliser

madras

Guest Invicta_Toon

from where Pav's hands were (i.e. where Pav and Ramage intednded it to go), it defo looks as if the push had an influence

as for ref's, who knows these days. there was a study ages ago that proved it was a factor, but at the end of the day, you have an equal number of home and away games

from where Pav's hands were (i.e. where Pav and Ramage intednded it to go), it defo looks as if the push had an influence

as for ref's, who knows these days. there was a study ages ago that proved it was a factor, but at the end of the day, you have an equal number of home and away games

yeah i know and i can think of many at SJP that would have been the same,just trying to get the match in perspective.i'm actually looking forward to the rest of the season...IF we buy a good forward as we are tidy when in possession in midfield and aren't conceding a lot of chances(given has been underused of late compared to normal and its not the defence but the defending)

Guest Invicta_Toon

Shearer: it was Ramages fault for not appealing

ooooooooh!  he said he was surprised the team and ramage didn't claim...not it was his fault...keep going you'll get that job writing for the star.

My journalistic integrity is supported 100% by my readership - FACT

What I don't understand is, why we are playing a 50 year old goalkeeper who hasn't played at the top level in more than a decade when we a young talent like Krol sat on the bench?  There is not another premiership club who would put themselves in that position.

What I don't understand is, why we are playing a 50 year old goalkeeper who hasn't played at the top level in more than a decade when we a young talent like Krol sat on the bench? There is not another premiership club who would put themselves in that position.

You thought this argument was so significant you started your own thread about it - and yet it it is hopelessly flawed!

1) Obviously you studied hyperbole at school today - 38 is very different from 50! Point your browser at Mr Google and see what the likes of Shilton, Seaman, Yashin and Zoff did at that age...

2) Hasn't played at the top level for more than a decade, eh? So using that argument, the last two seasons in Toon, two at Sheffield Wednesday, first two (of three) at Brescia - all but his last year at NUFC as first choice don't count for anything?

3) Young talent Krul is expected to come back from surgery straight into the first team, is he? Hell, why not just expect Shay or Harper to make miraculous recoveries while you are at it? :rolleyes:

4) If no other clubs put themselves in such a position, then why did Ferguson pay money for a 37 year old Andy Goram?

I'm not saying Pav is a top keeper anymore - nor am I saying I would name him in the team except in desperate circumstances, but the fact is that he was fourth choice for Christ's sake! That means when the three better keepers are unavailable, then Pav steps in. Can you even name the fourth choice keeper of any other club?

Yes, claims of cronyism and "jobs for the boys" can be levelled at the club from time to time, and certainly Pav might be one of those instances, but as has been stated before - look at Chelsea's third choice keeper, and then imagine who might be behind him!

Methinks some perspective wouldn't go astray...

Ramage says he wasn't aware of the push:

I'll learn from my mistake, says Ramage

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Peter Ramage pledged to learn from his own goal which sparked off Newcastle United's downfall in the 2-1 defeat by Bolton yesterday.

United were leading through Kieron Dyer's eighth-minute goal and looking good until Ramage got in a terrible mess with keeper Pavel Srnicek and helped by a clear push in the back from Bolton skipper, Kevin Nolan, the defender headed into his own goal to give the home team a lucky 32nd-minute equaliser.

Despite this, Ramage, at 23 he is the old man of the United defence, was not afraid to face the music and he emerged after the game to say: "Football is all about learning and I am still a young man learning my trade. And not only will I learn from this but this will make me stronger.

"It's all very disappointing. We were leading through Kieron Dyer's goal and we were looking very comfortable.

"The ball came over and I turned to head it back to Pavel Srnicek not realising that he had already come out.

"People are now telling me that the TV replays are showing that I was pushed in the back by Kevin Nolan, but I have to be honest and say I wasn't really aware of this.

"And while hindsight is a wonderful thing, I know I should have dealt with the situation a lot better."

As has happened several times this season, United have reacted badly to conceding a goal.

Once the equaliser went in they really did not look like saving the game and it was no surprise when Bolton snatched what turned out to be the winner in the 57th minute with a typical Wanderers goal.

Kevin Davies flicked on an Ivan Campo throw-in and Nicolas Anelka forced it in at the far post.

Ramage added: "We have been beaten by two scruffy goals and we are disappointed to lose to two goals like that.

"However that's Bolton's style of play and we have no qualms about it.

"But I thought that David Edgar on his debut handled all the pressure really well and it will have done him the world of good in the same way that Paul Huntington has come through in recent games."

United have to pick themselves up in Saturday's game at Goodison Park with Ramage saying: "There are a lot of angry players in our dressing room who are determined to do well at Everton."

Meanwhile, Bolton boss Sam Allardyce said of yesterday's game: "We made it very difficult for ourselves because our possession was poor in the first half.

"But we reversed that in the second half, I am glad to say, and the front three showed their worth.

"It was the old adage of a game of two halves - we were not good in the first and then came storming back in the second."

Click Here

Guest Brazilianbob

This is what Bolton are all about.  Their forwards continually foul and push until eventually they get away with the one push that brings them a goal.  Allardyce would call it playing the percentages,  I call it cheating.

I seem to recall two seasons ago a young defender was given his Newcastle debut away to Bolton, and as he went to head the ball he was pushed from behind the ball broke for Bolton and they scored the only goal of the game.  The young lad was called Steven Taylor!

As for Allardyce accusing us of bullying Diouf, it just goes to show what a gobsh*te he really is.

What I don't understand is, why we are playing a 50 year old goalkeeper who hasn't played at the top level in more than a decade when we a young talent like Krol sat on the bench? There is not another premiership club who would put themselves in that position.

You thought this argument was so significant you started your own thread about it - and yet it it is hopelessly flawed!

1) Obviously you studied hyperbole at school today - 38 is very different from 50! Point your browser at Mr Google and see what the likes of Shilton, Seaman, Yashin and Zoff did at that age...

2) Hasn't played at the top level for more than a decade, eh? So using that argument, the last two seasons in Toon, two at Sheffield Wednesday, first two (of three) at Brescia - all but his last year at NUFC as first choice don't count for anything?

3) Young talent Krul is expected to come back from surgery straight into the first team, is he? Hell, why not just expect Shay or Harper to make miraculous recoveries while you are at it? :rolleyes:

4) If no other clubs put themselves in such a position, then why did Ferguson pay money for a 37 year old Andy Goram?

I'm not saying Pav is a top keeper anymore - nor am I saying I would name him in the team except in desperate circumstances, but the fact is that he was fourth choice for Christ's sake! That means when the three better keepers are unavailable, then Pav steps in. Can you even name the fourth choice keeper of any other club?

Yes, claims of cronyism and "jobs for the boys" can be levelled at the club from time to time, and certainly Pav might be one of those instances, but as has been stated before - look at Chelsea's third choice keeper, and then imagine who might be behind him!

Magnus Hedman.

I'd rather have Pav, tbh

Magnus Hedman.

I'd rather have Pav, tbh

You have totally missed the point. I was asking WHY Pav was playing instead of Krul. I assumed that if he was on the bench he was fit to play. Reagarding my comment about Pav being a 50 year old, that was said with toungue in cheek, I am fully aware of how old he is having seen EVERY game he played for NUFC,  my whole point was that he is no longer good enough for football at this level and I don't believe any other premiership club would have put themselves in that position.

I hope that explains my light hearted opinion, which, I am actually entitled to.

By the way, congratulations on your sense of humour by-pass, it was obviously a 100% success

You have totally missed the point. I was asking WHY Pav was playing instead of Krul. I assumed that if he was on the bench he was fit to play. Reagarding my comment about Pav being a 50 year old, that was said with toungue in cheek, I am fully aware of how old he is having seen EVERY game he played for NUFC, my whole point was that he is no longer good enough for football at this level and I don't believe any other premiership club would have put themselves in that position.

I hope that explains my light hearted opinion, which, I am actually entitled to.

By the way, congratulations on your sense of humour by-pass, it was obviously a 100% success

Pissweak response really

I addressed why Pav was playing instead of Krul - see point three. Don't bite back because you make foolish assumptions about a player's fitness...

I also argued that keepers are not necessarily "past it" once they reached a certain age, and provided examples - see point one

I further provided an example of where another club - one bigger than us even, spent money on an experienced back-up keeper - and then Towlie provided another example where, again, a bigger club than us have done something similar...

And I clearly haven't had a sense of humour bypass, because I found your attempt to pass of a weak argument as "light-hearted opinion" most amusing.

Hold whatever opinion you like, but it would be nice if you could respond to my argument instead of merely reiterating yours and then trying to take a lame dig at me :lol:

so, what if ramage just holds up nolan and lets pav come to the ball?  it seemed that that's what pav was thinking, only to have ramage panic (?) and put his bonce to the ball, catching pav out of position.  pav can't expect him to read his mind though.  he ought to be yelling firm, clear and confident instructions.  the whole farce cost us the game because after the OG, we not only lost all our momentum, we lost all confidence as well. 

Guest Invicta_Toon

ramage's fault 100%

when I first heard of it, I magined Ramage back peddling with Pav behind him, and Ramage heading it over Pav because he didn't shout

when I saw Ramage was facing Pav, there' no doubt. What's Nolan going to do? bend his leg round him to volley it over Pav?

The only debate exists because twats want another reason to digg Roeder