If we were to create a Newcastle best games collection

Gawalls

Guest HTT II
Just now, gdm said:

One I’ve watched time and again is the 3-1 v Arsenal that broke the London hoodoo 

Uri Geller, what a performance that night, should have signed him permanently after that!

For joy, at result, both 1-0 FA Semi wins at Old Trafford (Sheff Utd and Spurs). The obvious two (Man Utd 5-0 and Barca under the floodlights 3-2). Such amazing atmospheres. I also really loved the final game of the Rafa relegation season (5-1 Spurs) phenomenal atmosphere and great work by Gallowgate male voice choir, literally, throughout. Many springing to mind, but would add as a less likely choice the final game of the promotion season, when we won the Championship ( thanks Jack Grealish!) 3-0 at home to Barnsley. 

The 2nd leg of the champions league qualifier v Croatia Zagreb. Mins from getting in to CL Pistone fucks up a pass and Zagreb score. Then in the last min of extra time Ketsbaia scores to put us in to Champions league for first time. Scenes 

Edited by gdm

1 hour ago, Nine said:

2-3 vs Feyenoord

I dont think Ive celebrated a win more than this game. It was visceral watching it and I still remember that feeling now. 5-0 against Man Utd was obviously amazing, 7-1 against Spurs similar, but this was so engrossing. Has to be best for me.

Tino's hat trick against Barcelona is another I still get feels from thinking about it. That 2nd header from Gillespie's cross, man. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I dont think Ive celebrated a win more than this game. It was visceral watching it and I still remember that feeling now. 5-0 against Man Utd was obviously amazing, 7-1 against Spurs similar, but this was so engrossing. Has to be best for me.

Tino's hat trick against Barcelona is another I still get feels from thinking about it. That 2nd header from Gillespie's cross, man. 

I nearly passed out watching it on telly screaming and running around, proper white dots floating around my vision and lost my voice and had a stinking headache from all the screaming.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

The 2nd leg of the champions league qualifier v Croatia Zagreb. Mins from getting in to CL Pistone fucks up a pass and Zagreb score. Then in the last min of extra time Ketsbaia scores to put us in to Champions league for first time. Scenes 

This 

Not exactly "famous", but I loved the 3-1 away win at West Brom in 2012. Ben Arfa destroying them along with Cisse, Ba, and Cabaye. One of the best attacking performances that season.

Not glamorous opponents but Stoke away in 95.  Its liquid. Great fast non-stop football from a team thats the sum of its parts with individual artistic licence Beardsley megging people all over the place, classic wingplay by Gillespie, Ginola tearing them to shreds.

Oldham a 93 too, official birth of the entertainers, 5-a-side footballed them and Liverpool to death that month.

There's just too many to pick from under KK.

Spurs 6-1 in the cup under Sir Bobby flies by

Is West Ham 95/96 has to be technically the best performance 41 shots on goal from 59' of play or something. Tino's assists and goal are f*cking sublime.

Edited by Wolfcastle

3-2 v Everton in Rafa's last season. Pickford rugby tackling Rondon, only getting a yellow and then Ritchie fucking the penalty up - seemed everything was against us at half time as we were trailing 2-0, but Rondon and a Perez brace in the second half sealed the points. One of the best matches I've ever been to. 

QPR away.  Think it was 84-85 season.

5-5

Incredible game. Waddle hat-trick by half time. The most NUFC-like game I've ever been to.

1 hour ago, Mountain said:

Newcastle 4 - Ferencvaros 0 in 1996.

This one for me too

That technique and finish was utterly sublime

Edited by LV

3 minutes ago, JLC said:

QPR away.  Think it was 84-85 season.

5-5

Incredible game. Waddle hat-trick by half time. The most NUFC-like game I've ever been to.

Aye. Remember seeing we were 5-1 up, in Rumbelows window, popped to RSMcColls for a Wispa, came back and it was 5-5.

2 hours ago, gdm said:

Love the way Jonathan Pearce's voice breaks when he screams Ketsbaaaiaaaa.

He used to similar when shouting Matildaaaaaaaa on Robot Wars. 

Mackems 5-1 was incredible, might just be my favourite ever. It was a disgrace what Pardew turned us into against them after that utter annihilation. Bullied and terrified them from the first kick to the last.

Some of the European games are obviously very special, like, and I can't wait for us to get back there. Dearly hope wor Eddie can get us into one of the Europas next season, but will obviously be content with us simply trying. 

Barca 3-2, Juventus 1-0, Feyenoord 3-2, Inter 2-2, all very special. Some other favourites from Europe being the destruction of Olympiakos before the Sporting disaster, Celta Vigo and Fenerbahce from the Roeder season. Anzhi was good too. But none of them on the scale of those CL nights. 

I’ve never celebrated more than Tiote’s equaliser in the Arsenal 4-4.

Maybe because I was stuck in traffic on the M4 as Arsenal were stuffing us, hating life.

Switched the radio back on when I got to London, just in time to hear the last two goals. IIRC me and my brother both did full-length dives Klinsmann dives across the lounge :lol: