If we were to create a Newcastle best games collection

Gawalls

40 minutes ago, JLC said:

QPR away.  Think it was 84-85 season.

5-5

Incredible game. Waddle hat-trick by half time. The most NUFC-like game I've ever been to.

Makes me sick thinking about that game.

0-4 up at half time. 3-5 up in injury time and we still couldn't fucking win.

Guest neesy111

4-0 spurs with Robert scoring 2 and assisting 2.  Still the best single performance I've seen at SJP.

Edited by neesy111

55 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Leicester 4-3, Shearer hat trick? 

Games against Leicester that's no 2 for me, the 5 - 4 against them when being 4 - 2 down was even better

Other great games (most already been mentioned)

5 - 0 v Man City in Keegan (player) promotion year

3 - 2 v Luton (Varadi and Mackem Brown - only time I've supported one), 2 nil up (Brown both), Luton (won the league that year Horton, Hill, Stein in team), scored 2 in last ten minutes and Varadi scored last minute winner. End to end attacking by both teams the full match and without doubt one of the (if not thee) most entertaining game I've ever seen

Edit - One of my earlier games Newcastle v Forest in the pitch invasion cup match 1974

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

Aye. Remember seeing we were 5-1 up, in Rumbelows window, popped to RSMcColls for a Wispa, came back and it was 5-5.

4 - 0 they came back to 4 - 3, then Wharton scored, but they then scored 2 more

All the good ones have been mentioned already but I have to say I immensely enjoyed the win against Leicester last season, that Bruno header in the 94th minute.. I jumped up off the couch and roared, honestly hadn’t done that in so long (when not actually at the game)

Forest 5-0 always up there. We had to rely on Liverpool dropping points then having to win by more than what Arsenal did (after we’d just beat Arsenal and drawn with West Ham & Man U all away in the 7 days before to put us in that position).

Liverpool were playing Sheff Wed away who had Andy Booth in goal for the last 10 minutes or so and couldn’t get the winner that would have done it. Arsenal won by 2 but we won by 5.

Then the other end, Coventry had to beat Spurs away and Hope Sunderland & Boro couldn’t win and they succeeded. The odds must have been something else for that scenario man. :lol:

Edited by Optimistic Nut

When we stuffed Fatty Bruce's mackems at St JP, then fattys Music gate made it more fun .

Champions league Barcalona at yem.

Man utd getting twatted at St JP.

Beaten spurs at St JP league cup semi.

Blyth v Wrexham St jp.noway on earth was there only 45k in that neet.

Favourites 

Barcelona 4-3 the best 

Man Utd 5-0

and a wild card I loved the 4-0 drubbing at Anfield we got  because of the experience of the fans , we were second division but heading up and the chanting near the end of “we’ll be back again next year “was incredible , sure enough we were . 

All of them I was at 

13 minutes ago, GWN said:

Favourites 

Barcelona 4-3 the best 

Man Utd 5-0

and a wild card I loved the 4-0 drubbing at Anfield we got  because of the experience of the fans , we were second division but heading up and the chanting near the end of “we’ll be back again next year “was incredible , sure enough we were . 

All of them I was at 

Erm, I don’t remember beating them 4-3 no. I remember us beating them 3-2.

26457513-739A-404C-BFFC-4F572C003058.jpeg

Guest HTT II

The 3-2 win over Chelsea at SJP, Sissoko scoring twice. I spent that match in a corporate box with a few Toon fans and Chelsea ‘fans’ and a former well known ref whose name now escapes me, they tried to claim KK was a bottler and a cheque book manager and I put them well in their place and I found out they didn’t go to many Chelsea games other than free corporate stuff through their work and weren’t long time fans, a sweet victory that day. Shame it was under Pardew mind…

13 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Away to Chelsea with Cisses 2 two goals

2 nil win away to Swansea that season was awesome. laudrups Swansea being compared to Barcelona and we just went down there and smashed them. Cabayes pass for the first goal and then Cisses crazy chip for the second. West brom away that season as well when we smashed 3 goals in in the first half benarfa Ba, Cisse and cabaye just too much to handle. So many good games that season. 

Also Cisses first goal in that Chelsea game doesn't get the credit it deserves

Guest HTT II

2-0 away to Chelsea, that Cisse special double.

2-1 at home to City under Rafa, having went a goal down after 1 minute played. Something like only 20% possession. Tactical masterclass.