UEFA Women's Euro 2022: England are European Champions

Disco

Kicks off tomorrow with the first match, England v Austria, live from Old Trafford on BBC1. All your details available via: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Women's_Euro_2022

All on the BBC; listings: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61719384.amp

Favourites 

6BB6CCA4-38CF-443F-89E3-F85C52E20BAD.jpeg

From what I’ve read most of the experts are expecting a close fought thing. One of the best Spain players did her ACL today and is missing out.

Am I correct in stating that of the 9 hostung venues, 3 are in Manchester? ManU's home ground, ManU women's ground and ManC's ground. Then 2 in Sheffield area and 4 broadly in the south-east. Where is the geographical spread? Why are 3 in Manchester?

Just got back from the game, was such a great atmosphere with an attendance of over 68,000 (crowd was mainly families so a lack of attention to the actual game/football being played from a lot it has to be said).

The game itself lacked quality from both sides, Austria showed some tenacity but didn't have a shot on target until 70 odd minutes and we lacked the cutting edge in the final third throughout the game. We got lucky with the goal too, wasn't over the line for me (did the TV coverage mention anything about Hawkeye? Surely that's being used for an international tournament like this?). 

Tonight reminded me a lot of the men's team and Southgate's Euro 2020 tactics (be organised first and then attack when you're able to). Like the men, get out of the group first so results first.

7 hours ago, Sifu said:

Just got back from the game, was such a great atmosphere with an attendance of over 68,000 (crowd was mainly families so a lack of attention to the actual game/football being played from a lot it has to be said).

The game itself lacked quality from both sides, Austria showed some tenacity but didn't have a shot on target until 70 odd minutes and we lacked the cutting edge in the final third throughout the game. We got lucky with the goal too, wasn't over the line for me (did the TV coverage mention anything about Hawkeye? Surely that's being used for an international tournament like this?). 

Tonight reminded me a lot of the men's team and Southgate's Euro 2020 tactics (be organised first and then attack when you're able to). Like the men, get out of the group first so results first.

Hawkeye was what gave the goal though I am not sure I saw a convincing angle showing it over the line hah